National Metallurgical Laboratory is the third in the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) family of 38 laboratories. The foundation stone of NML was laid on 21st November 1946. R & D at National Metallurgical Laboratory focuses on Minerals, Metals and Materials. National Metallurgical Laboratory has the largest creep testing facility in India and one of the largest in Asia. The company has strong presence in Magnetic materials, Rapidly solidified alloys, Surface Coatings, Metallic Foams, and many others. Advanced materials processing include Mechanochemical activation, Semi-solid processing, Biomimicry, Thermo-mechanical treatments, High Temperature Synthesis, Advanced Joining, Grain boundary engineering, High strain rate forming, and several other techniques. National Metallurgical Laboratory recruitment offers great career opportunities for several posts such as Scientist/ Senior Scientist, Stenographer (English/ Hindi), Software Support Assistant, Principal Scientist/ Senior Principal Scientist, Data Entry Operator. Interested candidates can pursue courses in B.Tech in Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering + M.Tech in Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering, 10+2/XII and speed of 80 W.P.M. in shorthand and 40/35 W.P.M. in typewriting in English/Hindi, 10+2 with Diploma (IT/Computer Science of 3-yr duration) OR BCA OR B.Sc (IT/Computer Science) OR GNIIT; Ph.D (Engineering), Ph.D (Science), M.Tech; Graduate in Computer Science or Graduate with 2 years Diploma in Computer Science with knowledge of Computer applications / Office Automation & data entry operations/ Database management systems, for a great career at National Metallurgical Laboratory.
National Metallurgical Laboratory (NML) Invites Application for 18 Scientist, Principal Scientist Recruitment 2021
Vacancy Circular No: 04/2021
National Metallurgical Laboratory (NML)
invites applications for recruitment of Scientist / Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist
Scientist / Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist
Number of Vacancy: 18 Posts (10 UR + 3 OBC + 3 SC + 1 ST + 1 EWS)
Scientist: M.E./M.Tech. in Mineral /Metallurgical /Materials/ Chemical Engineering.
Senior Scientist: M.Tech./M.E. in Metallurgical/ Mechanical/ Materials Engg. with 03 years of relevant experience in industry/research OR Ph.D.in Metallurgical/ Materials Engg.
Principal Scientist: Ph.D in Materials/ Metallurgical Engineering with 3 years of Post-doctoral relevant experience.
Experience: 2-3 Years
Age Limit: Scientist - 32 Years / Senior Scientist - 37 Years / Principal Scientist - 45 Years.
How to Apply:
1. Only ONLINE APPLICATIONS will be accepted. The link for ONLINE APPLICATION will be available on CSIR-NML’s website http://hrg.nmlindia.org/gr42021/ from 09:00 Hrs of 29-05-2021 to 17:00 Hrs of the 28-06-2021.
2. After submission of their ONLINE APPLICATION, Applicants are requested to take a printout.
3. The printout of ONLINE APPLICATION duly signed, along with self-attested copies of certificates of educational qualifications, mark sheets, experience certificates, Re-print of publications, documentary proof in support of date of birth, community/category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PWD etc.), if applicable, and an application fee of Rs. 100.00 in the form of Demand Draft favouring THE DIRECTOR, National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur payable at State Bank of India, NML Branch, Branch Code- 03329, Jamshedpur should be sent to The Controller of Administration, CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory, Burmamines, Jamshedpur 831007 Jharkhand, so as to reach on or before 13-07-2021. The Advertisement Number and Post Code must be clearly indicated on the top of the envelope containing the application. Candidates belonging to PWD categories, women candidates and departmental candidates (from CSIR Laboratories /Institutes) need not pay any application fee.
4. (i) 'Candidate's Name (ii) Application Number and (iii) 'Post Code Applied for' must be filled up on the backside of Demand Draft.
5. Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will not be refunded on any count nor can it be held in reserve for any other recruitment or selection process.
Published on: 31st May 2021
Terms and conditions:
The total number of posts may vary. Not all posts need to be filled if suitable candidates are not found.
One Online Application may refer to one Postcode only. A separate Online Application must be made if a candidate desires to apply for more than one Postcode.
The posts carry usual allowances such as Dearness Allowance (DA), Transport Allowance, HRA (House Rent Allowance) in the event of unavailability of council accommodation etc. as per entitlement and other allowances under the Central Government Rules as applicable to the CSIR.
The candidates selected will be governed by the provisions of the New Pension Scheme as introduced by the Govt. of India w.e.f. 01-01-2004 to the extent made applicable by CSIR to its employees.
Online Applications from candidates working in Government departments, public sectors, autonomous organisations and Government-funded research agencies will be considered only if forwarded through the proper channel and with no objection certificate that the applicant will be relieved within one month of receipt of the appointment order. However, an advance copy of the application may be submitted before the closing date and a No Objection Certificate may be submitted at the time of the interview. Applications routed through the proper channel should reach the earliest.
Only those candidates who are eligible and who suit the institutional requirements, short-listed based on screening criteria, will be called for an interview. Mere fulfilment of the minimum prescribed qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for an interview. Candidates should therefore provide in their applications all qualification and experience details, over and above what is prescribed as a minimum, supported with documents, if applicable.
The decision of CSIR-NML in all matters relating to the eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, conduct of examinations/interviews will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual or his/her agency.
For more details, please refer to official notification at Download Official Notification
National Metallurgical Laboratory Recruitment for following posts:
|Job Title / Posts||Last Date||Job Location|
|Junior Research Fellow (JRF) - ( 5 Posts) Posts||18th January 2021||Burmamines, Jamshedpur|
|Project Associate - ( 27 Posts) Posts||3rd December 2020||Burmamines, Jamshedpur|
|Project Assistant - ( 13 Posts) Posts|
|Project Scientist - ( 1 Posts) Posts||3rd December 2020|
|Project JRF - ( 3 Posts) Posts|
|Junior Research Fellow (JRF) - ( 1 Posts) Posts||18th December 2019||Burmamines, Jamshedpur|
|Graduate Apprentice - ( 12 Posts) Posts||16th October 2019||NML, Jamshedpur|
|Technician Apprentice - ( 9 Posts) Posts|
|Trade Apprentice - ( 16 Posts) Posts||29th August 2019||Burmamines, Jamshedpur|
|Resident Medical Officer (Senior Technical Officer) - ( 1 Posts) Posts||23rd April 2019||National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur|
|Graduate/ Technician Apprentice - ( 13 Posts) Posts||14th February 2019||Burmamines, Jamshedpur|
|Consultant - ( 1 Posts) Posts||23rd April 2018||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand Last Date: 23rd April 2018 Full-time / Part-time / Contract / temporary / seasonal / internship Number of Vacancy: 1 Posts Educational Qualification: Candidates Should have B.Sc (Engineering) / B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with Minimum 25 Years Experience. Pay Scale: INR 75000-100000/- Per Month Age Limit: 65 years. How to Apply: Application May be Sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For More See Employment News 7-13 April 2018|
About National Metallurgical Laboratory Recruitment
About National Metallurgical Laboratory
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many vacancies are there?
There are 1810 vacancies in total. Scientist / Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist: 18 Posts (10 UR + 3 OBC + 3 SC + 1 ST + 1 EWS),
What is the Pay Scale for Scientist / Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist?
The Payscale is as follows Scientist / Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist: INRLevel-11,
When can I can apply for Scientist / Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist job at National Metallurgical Laboratory
You can go through the offical document provided, and follow the instructions to apply online. Always follow the dates mentioned in the official PDF.
Where will I be placed if selected?
The selected candidate will be placed in Jamshedpur, East Singhbhum
When is the Last Date for applying for this job ?
The last date to apply for this job is 28th June, 2021
How can I apply for this job?
Complete information regarding this job is given on this page. Link to official document is also provided. The candidates are adivsed to go through it thorouly before Apply Online. If the job interests you and you are eligible for Scientist / Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist, then click on the apply online link given below. You can apply online. Remember the last date to apply for this job is 28th June, 2021
- NIT Jamshedpur Invites Application for Project Associate Recruitment 2021
- Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) Invites Application for Additional General Manager Recruitment 2021
- Centre for Good Governance (CGG) Invites Application for Software Developer (Java) Recruitment 2021
- Taralabalu Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK Taralabalu) Invites Application for Assistant Recruitment 2021
- Indian Navy Invites Application for 50 SSC Officer Recruitment 2021
- National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) Invites Application for Forest Officer Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Tilaiya Invites Application for Counselor Recruitment 2021
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) Invites Application for Clerk, Security Guard and Various Posts
- IIT Kanpur Invites Application for 8 Research Establishment Officer Recruitment 2021
- Institute of Serology Invites Application for Laboratory Technician Recruitment 2021
- National Institute of Health & Family Welfare (NIHFW) Invites Application for Director Recruitment 2021
- NIHFW Invites Application for Research Scientist Recruitment 2021