TISS Invites Application for Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021
Vacancy Circular No: TISS/HC/Asst.Prof/Contract/April/2021
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
invites applications for recruitment of Assistant Professor
Number of Vacancy: 1 Posts
i) A Postgraduate degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a pointscale wherever the grading system is followed) in Education/M.A. in Education/Any discipline of Social Sciences/Allied subjects from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET.
71000/- Per Month
Age Limit: As Per Rules
How to Apply:
The candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply Now) provided along with this advertisement on the Institute's website at www.tiss.edu. The candidates are requested to take a print of the acknowledgement of the online application and keep it for future reference.
1. The Institute reserves the right to relax qualification of the candidate based on the work experience and to relax age in the case of persons already holding comparable positions in a University/Research Institution of repute.
2.The Institute reserves the right to invite persons for interview who may not have applied for as per the above procedure and not fill up the vacancy advertised.
3. Since applications received may be short listed, merely possessing the prescribed qualifications and the requisite experience would not entitle a person to be called for interview.
4. The post is unreserved, but candidates belonging to reserved category can apply.
5. No queries or correspondence regarding issue of call letter for interview/selection of candidates for the post will be entertained at any stage and canvassing in any form is strictly prohibited and will lead to the candidate being debarred from consideration for the post.
6. The candidate under employment must bring 'No Objection Certificate' from their employer to appear for presentation/interview.
Published on: 2nd May 2021
For more details, please refer to official notification at Download Official Notification
Tata Institute of Social Sciences Recruitment for following posts:
About Tata Institute of Social Sciences Recruitment
About Tata Institute of Social Sciences
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in the year 1936. It is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra. TISS started out as an institute offering a post-graduate diploma in Social Work. There are four campuses of TISS, located at Mumbai, Tuljapur, Hyderabad and Guwahati. TISS Tuljapur offers: Integrated B.A & M.A in Social Sciences/Social Work, M.A Social Work in Rural Development; M.A. in Development Policy, Planning & Practices; M.A. in Social Entrepreneurship; M.A. in Sustainable Livelihoods, Natural Resources Management And Governance. TISS Hyderabad offers - Masters in Rural Development and Governance, Masters in Education, Masters in Public Policy and Governance, Masters in Women's Studies, Masters in Development Studies, Integrated programme of B.A in Social Sciences and M.A of choice. It also offers Integrated MPhil & PhD in Women's Studies and Education, and direct PhD in Social Sciences. TISS Guwahati offers - Five Year Integrated Masters programme, Master's degree programme in Social Work and Ecology, Environment and Sustainable Development, Diploma Programme in Community Organisation and Development. Tata Institute of Social Sciences recruitment offers great career opportunities for several posts such as Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Academic & Administrative Manager, Operations Leader, Programme Manager (Communication & Media), IT Project Manager, Software Developer, Vertical Manager, HR Executive, Executive Digital Marketing, Executive Content Development, Programme Officer, Programme Manager (Accounts), Intern, Librarian, Deputy Registrar, Health Officer, Training & Placement Officer, Assistant Registrar (Finance & Accounts), System Analyst Cum Programmer, Producer, Coordinator (ACWS), Research Associate (ACWS), librarian, Psychiatric Social Worker, Social Worker, Technical Assistant, Project Officer, Vocational Trainer (Female), Occupational Therapist, Counselors (Male & Female), Research Officers. Interested candidates can pursue courses in Ph.D in Economics, Business Economics Statistics, or Applied Mathematics and its allied fields; Ph.D in Environmental Economics; Sociology; Political Science; Psychology; Law & Governance issues; Women's Studies (with background in political sciences and legal studies/History) and Development Studies; M.Phil and Ph.D. Programmes, Masters degree in Social Sciences or Post-graduate in Management , Bachelors / Masters in Mass Communication, Visual Design, Journalism, or relevant experience in Media, MCA, Graduation (preferably in Media /Marketing), Master/Post graduate in Accounts or Finance + Good oral and written presentation skills in English and Hindi + knowledge of local Language, Master's Degree level in Economics/ Sociology/ Law /Social Sciences with specialisation in labour and Ph.D. in relevant field, Masters Degree in Human Resource Management or General Management; Ph. D. in Anthropology, Architecture and Planning, Economics, Education, Engineering, History, Law, Management, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, and inter-disciplinary areas of social, health, management, development, habitat, disaster and climate sciences; Master's Degree in Library Science/Information Science/documentation; Post-graduate degree in Management, Social Work, Counseling, Media Studies; Master's Degree in Commerce, MSW/MA (Sociology)/MA Human Development/MA Disability, Bachelor's degree in occupational therapy, Masters degree in psychology/counseling psychology, B.Com, for a great career at Tata Institute of Social Sciences.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many vacancies are there?
There are 1 vacancies in total. Assistant Professor: 1 Posts,
What is the Pay Scale for Assistant Professor?
The Payscale is as follows Assistant Professor: INR71000,
When can I can apply for Assistant Professor job at Tata Institute of Social Sciences
You can go through the offical document provided, and follow the instructions to apply online. Always follow the dates mentioned in the official PDF.
Where will I be placed if selected?
The selected candidate will be placed in Deonar, Mumbai
When is the Last Date for applying for this job ?
The last date to apply for this job is 15th May, 2021
How can I apply for this job?
Complete information regarding this job is given on this page. Link to official document is also provided. The candidates are adivsed to go through it thorouly before Apply Online. If the job interests you and you are eligible for Assistant Professor, then click on the apply online link given below. You can apply online. Remember the last date to apply for this job is 15th May, 2021
- National Institute of Social Defence (NISD) Invites Application for Stenographer and Various Vacancy
- IIT Roorkee Invites Application for Project Fellow and Various Vacancy
- AIIMS Nagpur Invites Application for 6 Senior Resident Recruitment 2021
- Indian Institute of Soil Science (IISS) Invites Application for Senior Research Fellow Recruitment 2021
- Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) Invites Application for 13 Private Secretary and Various Posts
- IIM Amritsar Invites Application for Supervisor Recruitment 2021
- IIM Amritsar Invites Application for 5 Post-Doctoral Fellowship Recruitment 2021
- Election Commission of India (ECI) Invites Application for Teaching Posts
- NIFT Srinagar Invites Application for 21 Assistant, Junior Assistant and Various Posts
- Narmada Control Authority (NCA) Invites Application for Junior Research Fellow Recruitment 2021
- BMHRC Invites Application for 15 Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021
- BOATNR Invites Application for 11 LDC, UDC, Multi Tasking Staff and Various Posts