United Nations Development Programme Invites Application for Research Intern Recruitment 2021
Vacancy Circular No:
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
invites applications for recruitment of Research Intern
Post Box No. 3059 55 Lodhi Estate Pin Code , New Delhi, 110003 Delhi
Number of Vacancy: 1 Posts
|UNDP Announced Job Notification For Research Intern Vacancies - Freshers Can Apply Recruitment 2021||Details|
|Job Role||Research Intern|
|Total Vacancy||1 Post|
|Job Locations||New Delhi|
|Posted on||13 Oct, 2021|
|Last Date To Apply||20 Oct, 2021|
Educational Qualification: Any Post Graduate
UNDP strives to have a workforce which reflects diversity and gender balance and applies an equal opportunities approach. All selections are on merit. Qualified Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
1. Post Name: Research Intern – Energy
2. Location: New Delhi, INDIA
2. Type of Contract: Internship
3. Additional Category: Climate & Disaster Resilience
4. Duration of Initial Contract: 6 Months
5. Competencies: Strong sense of collaborative work, excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Keen attention to detail; Excellent designing skills; Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
6. Education: Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements: Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) in subjects such as Energy, Environment, Sustainability, Climate Change or relevant fields. Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent) on subjects such as Energy, Environment, Sustainability, Climate Change or relevant fields Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above).
7. Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program. Skills: Excellent understanding about gender development & mainstreaming & have understanding to analyze gender concerns in natural resources and food security issues such as climate change.
Good understanding on issues such as national and international policy analysis, gender in health, domestic violence etc.
a. Experience of working with/ volunteering with research institutes/ civil society organizations on gender research projects/ implementing or evaluating gender projects would be preferred. Ability to produce quality document with quick turnaround time. Experience in writing blogs, features, articles & documenting gender specific case studies would be an asset.
8. Language Requirements: Fluency in English, while understanding of Hindi is des
9. Kindly note, UNDP only accepts interns for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 6 months.
10. As of 1 January 2020, Interns may be given a stipend according to UNDP Internship Policy, if it is not financially supported by any institution or programme, such as a university, government foundation or scholarship programme. A stipend intended to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, such as meals and transportation at the duty station. The stipend will be paid on a monthly basis and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
11. Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of the internship. UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship. Interns must provide proof of enrollment in health insurance plan.
12. The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed.
13. Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
14. The purpose of the internship is not to lead to further employment with UNDP, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
15. The intern will be evaluated at the end of the internship.
16. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.
Age Limit:As Per Rules Age
1. Candidates who are selected must submit the following documents, upon selection: Official letter from the University confirming enrollment in their undergraduate or graduate-level degree programme; Proof of medical and life/accident insurance valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out. Selected intern must have medical and life insurance.
2. All selections are on merit. Qualified Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
1. Application Deadline: 20-Oct-21
2. UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
3. Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship.
4. Application procedure: The application should contain: The completed “Application Form” provided in the link, which requires names of 3 referees. Current and complete CV in English;
Published on: 13 October 2021
For more details, please refer to official notification at Download Official Notification
United Nations Development Programme Recruitment for following posts:
About United Nations Development Programme Recruitment
About United Nations Development Programme
UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to eradicate poverty, reduce inequalities and exclusion, and build resilience so countries can sustain progress. As the UN’s development agency, UNDP plays a critical role in helping countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) was established in the year 1965. Its headquarters is located in New York City. UNDP is the United Nations' global development network. UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. It provides expert advice, training, and grant support to developing countries. UNDP focuses on poverty reduction, HIV/AIDS, democratic governance, energy and environment, social development, and crisis prevention and recovery. It has country offices in 177 countries, where it works with local governments for upliftment of local community. UNDP works internationally to help countries achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). United Nations Development Programme recruitment offers great career opportunities for several posts such as Capacity Building Officer, Disaster Management Specialist, District Disaster Management Officer, Document Officer, Project Officer; Project Officer, Works; Project Officer, ICT; Project Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation; Project Officer, Programme Implementation; Project Executive, ICT; Project Executive, Programme Advisory Group; Project Associate, Horticulture and Afforestation; Project Executive, Alternative Technology; Technical Officer, National Project Manager (NPM). Interested candidates can pursue courses in Advanced university degree in criminology, social sciences, law, public health; Master's Degree in Social Sciences, Post Graduate in relevant technical/science streams preferably with MBA or PhD, for a great career at United Nations Development Programme.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many vacancies are there?
There are 1 vacancies in total. Research Intern: 1 Posts,
What is the Pay Scale for Research Intern, Selection Procedure, How to Apply:?
The Payscale is as follows Research Intern: INR Not Disclosed,
When can I can apply for Research Intern, Selection Procedure, How to Apply: job at United Nations Development Programme
You can go through the offical document provided, and follow the instructions to apply online. Always follow the dates mentioned in the official PDF.
Where will I be placed if selected?
The selected candidate will be placed in (UNDP) Post Box No. 3059 55 Lodhi Estate Pin Code , New Delhi
When is the Last Date for applying for this job ?
The last date to apply for this job is 20th October, 2021
How can I apply for this job?
Complete information regarding this job is given on this page. Link to official document is also provided. The candidates are adivsed to go through it thorouly before Apply Online. If the job interests you and you are eligible for Research Intern, Selection Procedure, How to Apply:, then click on the apply online link given below. You can apply online. Remember the last date to apply for this job is 20th October, 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Lower Division Clerk Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Band Master Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Horse Riding Instructor Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Medical Officer Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for 5 Ward Boys Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Art Master Recruitment 2021
- National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO) Invites Application for 6 HEMM Operator Recruitment 2021
- Department of Revenue New Delhi Invites Application for Administrative Officer Recruitment 2021
- Jesus & Mary College Invites Application for College Librarian Recruitment 2021
- UGC DAE Consortium for Scientific Research (UGC DAE CSR) Invites Application for Assistant Recruitment 2021
- UGC DAE Consortium for Scientific Research (UGC DAE CSR) Invites Application for Steno-Typist Recruitment 2021
- UGC DAE Consortium for Scientific Research (UGC DAE CSR) Invites Application for Personal Assistant Recruitment 2021