V.O.Chidambaranar Port Trust Invites Application for Chief Engineer Officer Recruitment 2021
Vacancy Circular No:
V.O.Chidambaranar Port Trust
invites applications for recruitment of Chief Engineer Officer
Chief Engineer Officer
628 004, Tuticorin, PINCODE Tamil Nadu
Number of Vacancy: 1 Posts
|V.O.Chidambaranar Port Trust Jobs Freshers Recruitment 2021||Details|
|Job Role||Chief Engineer Officer|
|Total Vacancy||1 Post|
|Age Limit||Age should be min 25 years and upto 50 years as on 31.10.2021, But relaxable for deserving cases|
|Experience||0 - 1 years|
|Posted on||05 Oct, 2021|
|Last Date To Apply||25 Oct, 2021|
Educational Qualification: N/A
V.O.Chidambaranar Port Trust, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Shipping, invites applications for filling up the following post for a period of six months on Contractual basis
1. Post Name: Chief Engineer Officer
2. No. of POst: 01
3. Consolidated pay: Rs.80,000
4. Qualification: The candidate shall possess the following qualification: MEO Class - II with 6 months experience or MEO Class - III (NCV Class - CEO) Certificate of Competency issued by DGS/MMD, Government of India. Candidate must have minimum six months of experience onboard vessel. Candidates having experience as CEO onboard tug will be preferred.
5. Period of engagement: Contractual engagement is for a period of 06 months from the date of reporting to duty and it will automatically come to an end on expiry of the contract period unless, otherwise, extended by the Port in writing and in such case, no notice will be issued.
6. Consolidated Pay: He will be paid a consolidated remuneration of Rs.80,000/- per month and no other service benefits will be paid. TDS as applicable will be deducted from the consolidated remuneration as per the extant Rules / IT Act. The remuneration will be paid as per the attendance recorded. Unauthorized absence / absence without leave will be treated as ‘no work no pay’ and accordingly, proportionate amount will be deducted from monthly remuneration.
7. Retention Deposit: 5% of monthly remuneration will be deducted towards retention deposit and the accumulated total amount will be paid on completion of engagement without interest, subject to recovery of dues to the Port, if any.
8. Place of Posting: The place of posting will be in the Marine Division / Mech & Elect Engg Department at VOC Port Trust or as may be decided by the Competent Authority. He/ She shall report to the Chief Mechanical Engineer (HoD / Officer), VOCPT.
9. Hours of Work: He shall be required to work onboard Tug Tuticorin / Port craft during normal working hours (8 hours per day) of the Port and such extended hours as necessary for proper discharge of his duties. He is also expected to work for additional hours depending on the necessity and urgency of work, for which no additional remuneration will be paid. He will be required to work on holidays, if called upon to do so.
10. TA/DA for Tour Travel: As and when required to be deputed on official tour for the purpose of work, he will be entitled to draw TA/DA as applicable to entry level Class I officer Post in addition to his wages, with prior approval of the Chairman on each occasion, obtainable through Chief Mechanical Engineer, VOC Port Trust. No TA/DA will be paid for joining for duty in response to this offer.
11. Leave/ Holidays: He /She is not entitled to avail any other kind of leave, except for one day paid leave in a month in addition to weekly off and holidays. If he/she is eligible for Compensatory Off, it should be availed within the same month/ 30 days. No claim will be entertained for encashment of un-availed portion of leave for the reason whatsoever.
12. Job Role & Responsibility: The job roles as per statutory guidelines for CEO and any other work assigned by the department concerned / Port which related to Port Crafts, based on requirements from time to time. If the tug undergoes dry docking work at Cochin Shipyard, candidate has to sail the tug and work onboard at CSL, Kochi and carry out the work as per direction of Port. He shall perform to the best of his ability in respect of all the duties as assigned from time to time.
13. . Accommodation and Transportation: Based on the availability, the quarters in the Port Colony may be allotted on request. The rent plus electricity and water charges at the rate, as prescribed for contractual engagement from time to time, will be recovered from the monthly remuneration. The Port will not provide any transportation facilities.
14. Medical Facilities: He will be entitled to avail Medical benefits in the Port Hospital to the extent of OPD facility only for self.
15. Port property: He should always maintain Port properties, which may be entrusted to him for official use during the course of engagement in good conditions and shall return all such properties to the Port before relinquishment to the Reporting Officer or the Authorized Officer, failing which the cost/ any other charges of the same will be recovered from him by the Port.
16. Borrowing/Accepting Gifts: He/ She should not borrow or accept any gift in cash or kind of reward or compensation for his/her personal gains from any individual / organization / firms/ etc. or he/ she should not be under pecuniary obligation to any person/client with whom he/she is having official dealings.
17. Pre-Closure or Extension: The Port management reserves the right for pre-closure or extension of the period of contractual engagement. In case of pre-closure, no notice pay or retrenchment compensation will be payable to him/her by the Port.
18. Settlement of Disputes: In the event of dispute, if any, arising out of this contractual engagement, the interpretation and decision of the Chairman, VOCPT, will be final and binding. It shall be clearly understood and agreed that this contractual engagement shall not accord the status of a regular employee of VOCPT or any entitlement to the privileges/benefits available to the regular employees of the Port.
19. Governing Law/Jurisdiction: His / Her engagement with the Port is subject to Indian Laws. Disputes, if any, will be under the jurisdiction of Madurai Bench of Madras High Court only.
20. Service Agreement Bond: He shall execute a Bond on a non judicial Stamp Paper of value not less than Rs.100
21. For extension of time for joining duty beyond stipulated period, if any, the same should be requested in advance in writing with valid justification and unless it is accepted by the Port, this offer of engagement on contract will stand cancelled.
Age Limit: Age should be min 25 years and upto 50 years as on 31.10.2021, But relaxable for deserving cases
The selection process will be based on educational qualification, experience and interview. Further short listed candidates will be called for interview.
How to Apply:
Applications received after due date, incomplete application, not meeting with the relevant qualification & experience etc., will not be considered. Further details on professional qualification, experience, roles and responsibilities, etc., the candidates may visit port website www.vocport.gov.in. The last date for receipt of application in this Port is 25.10.2021
Published on: 05 October 2021
For more details, please refer to official notification at Download Official Notification
V.O.Chidambaranar Port Trust Recruitment for following posts:
About V.O.Chidambaranar Port Trust Recruitment
About V.O.Chidambaranar Port Trust
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many vacancies are there?
There are 1 vacancies in total. Chief Engineer Officer: 1 Posts,
What is the Pay Scale for Chief Engineer Officer, Selection Procedure, How to Apply:?
The Payscale is as follows Chief Engineer Officer: INR 80000(Per Month),
When can I can apply for Chief Engineer Officer, Selection Procedure, How to Apply: job at V.O.Chidambaranar Port Trust
Where will I be placed if selected?
The selected candidate will be placed in 628 004, Tuticorin
When is the Last Date for applying for this job ?
The last date to apply for this job is 25th October, 2021
How can I apply for this job?
Complete information regarding this job is given on this page. Link to official document is also provided. The candidates are adivsed to go through it thorouly before Apply Online. If the job interests you and you are eligible for Chief Engineer Officer, Selection Procedure, How to Apply:, then click on the apply online link given below. You can apply online. Remember the last date to apply for this job is 25th October, 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Lower Division Clerk Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Band Master Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Horse Riding Instructor Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Medical Officer Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for 5 Ward Boys Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Art Master Recruitment 2021
- National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO) Invites Application for 6 HEMM Operator Recruitment 2021
- Department of Revenue New Delhi Invites Application for Administrative Officer Recruitment 2021
- Jesus & Mary College Invites Application for College Librarian Recruitment 2021