West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) Invites Application for Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021
Vacancy Circular No: 23/SET
West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC)
invites applications for recruitment of Assistant Professor
Number of Vacancy: 1 Post
|WBCSC Vacancy 2021 Recruitment 2021||Details|
|Job Role||Assistant Professor|
|Education Requirement||Any Masters Degree, M.Phil/Ph.D|
|Total Vacancy||1 Post|
|Age Limit||There is no upper age limit for applying for SET. However, for the purpose of recruitment, the relevant Government Order will be applicable.|
|Experience||3 - 7 years|
|Posted on||17 Aug, 2021|
|Last Date To Apply||15 Sep, 2021|
Educational Qualification: The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET. Candidates are required to appear for WB –SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of WB-SET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET/Joint CSIR-UGC Test which is held twice a year.
Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for applying for SET. However, for the purpose of recruitment, the relevant Government Order will be applicable.
How to Apply:
1. Commencement of online Application 16th August, 2021 (12 Noon)
2. Last date for online Application and Payment 15th September, 2021 (12 Midnight)
3.Date of Examination 9th January, 2022
4. Steps For Submission Of Online Application Form:
i) Candidate seeking admission to the Test (SET) must apply online only on the WBCSC website.
ii) Before applying online, the candidates must possess the scanned images as below: #Passport size photograph in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 40 kb. The dimension of the photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). #Signature in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 30 kb. The dimension of the signature should be 3.5 cm (width) x 1.5 cm (height).
iii) After filling all the details for applying online for SET, the candidates have to opt for payment of examination fee either by credit card/debit card/internet banking.
iv) The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card along with their printout of online admit card on the day of examination.
v) Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available on WBCSC website www.wbcsconline.in Please note that Fee submitted through any other mode like Bank Challan, Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
vi)In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. WBCSC will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature in submission of online application during last days.
1. The following steps will be followed:
Step I: The number of candidates to be qualified (total slots) for Eligibility for Assistant Professor shall be equal to 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of SET.
Step II: The total slots shall be allocated to different categories as per the reservation policy of Government of West Bengal.
Step III: In order to be considered for ‘Eligibility for Assistant Professor’, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and secured at least 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for General (Unreserved) category/EWS candidates and at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for all candidates belonging to the reserved categories [viz., SC, ST, OBC (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer)/PWD] and Transgender.
Step IV: The number of candidates to be declared qualified in any subject for a particular category is derived as per the following methodology illustrated below:
a) Number of candidates to be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor in the subject ‘English’ (say) for Scheduled Tribe (ST) category
b) Number of candidates belonging to ST category who have qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor in ‘English’ (say) (×) Total slots available for ST category (÷)Total number of candidates belonging to ST category over all subjects who have qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor.
2. The aggregate percentage of the two papers corresponding to the number of slots arrived at, shall determine the qualifying cut-off for Eligibility for Assistant Professor in ‘English’ (say) for the ST category.
3. Similar yardstick shall be employed for deriving the subject-wise qualifying cut-offs for all categories. Similar allocation procedure is used for all subjects and categories.
4. The subject -wise cut-offs for transgender should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PWD/OBC/EWS categories in the corresponding subject.
5. It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by WBCSC is final and binding.
Published on: 17th August 2021
For more details, please refer to official notification at Download Official Notification
West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) Recruitment for following posts:
|Job Title / Posts||Last Date||Job Location|
|Assistant Professor - ( 1 Post) Posts||15th September 2021||Bidhannagar, Kolkata|
About West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) Recruitment
About West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC)
The West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) was established on 2nd November 1979, It was affiliated to Calcutta University, Burdwan University, North Bengal University, Kalyani University and Vidyasagar University.
The prime objective of West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) is to prepare merit panels of candidates eligible for the recruitment for the post of Lecturer in various discipline like, Arts / Science / Social Science / Commerce / Education Physical Education / Foreign Languages / Journalism / Law / Mass Communication / Fine Arts / Music etc.
The Commission also recommends suitable candidate for appointment to the posts of principal for affiliated Degree Colleges against vacancies reported from time time the qualifications,age, etc are decided by the higher Education Department (HED), Government of West Bengal.
West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) conducting exam for the posts of, Assistant Professor (Industrial Fish & Fisheries) / Assistant Professor (Chemistry) / Principal / Human Resources Recruitment / Lab Attendant / Professor Female Courses Counselor Cum Coordinator / Customer Service Associate (CSA) / Labrian, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many vacancies are there?
There are 1 vacancies in total. Assistant Professor: 1 Post,
What is the Pay Scale for Assistant Professor?
The Payscale is as follows Assistant Professor: INR Not Disclosed,
When can I can apply for Assistant Professor job at West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC)
You can go through the offical document provided, and follow the instructions to apply online. Always follow the dates mentioned in the official PDF.
Where will I be placed if selected?
The selected candidate will be placed in Bidhannagar, Kolkata
When is the Last Date for applying for this job ?
The last date to apply for this job is 15th September, 2021
How can I apply for this job?
Complete information regarding this job is given on this page. Link to official document is also provided. The candidates are adivsed to go through it thorouly before Apply Online. If the job interests you and you are eligible for Assistant Professor, then click on the apply online link given below. You can apply online. Remember the last date to apply for this job is 15th September, 2021
- IOCL Invites Application for 78 Junior Engineering Assistant IV/ Junior Technical Assistant IV Recruitment 2021
- NHM Yavatmal Invites Application for 325 Yoga Instructor/ Yoga Trainer Recruitment 2021
- NeGD Invites Application for Director Recruitment 2021
- Agriculture University Jodhpur Invites Application for Associate Professor Recruitment 2021
- Agriculture University Jodhpur Invites Application for Professor Recruitment 2021
- JMI Invites Application for 105 Multi Tasking Staff, Office Assistant and More Vacancies
- Jamia Millia Islamia Invites Application for 11 Security Assistant Recruitment 2021
- Jamia Millia Islamia Invites Application for Receptionist Recruitment 2021
- Government Polytechnic Diu Invites Application for Visiting Lecturer Recruitment 2021
- Jamia Millia Islamia Invites Application for Groundsman Recruitment 2021
- Government Polytechnic Diu Invites Application for 10 Lecturer Recruitment 2021
- University of Lucknow Invites Application for Field Officer Recruitment 2021