Delhi Archives Results - सरकारी रिजल्ट May 26, 2022 | Live Updates
Browse latest sakrari result of Delhi Archives
- SIDBI 100 Assistant Manager (Grade-A) Result 2022 Updated May 16, 2022
- UPSC Combined Defence Services (CDS-I) 2022 Result Download at upsc.gov.in Updated May 18, 2022
- UPSC NDA I Result 2022 Updated May 13, 2022
- RSMSSB Assistant Public Relation Officer APRO Result 2022 Updated May 16, 2022
- UPPCL 240 Assistant Accountant Exam Final Result 2022 Updated May 13, 2022
- UPPCL 49 Camp Assistant Grade 3 Result 2022 Updated May 13, 2022
- UP Police SI Confidential and ASI Clerk / Accountant Recruitment 2021 Exam Additional Result, PET Exam Schedule with List 2022 Updated May 13, 2022
About Delhi Archives
'He who holds the key to Delhi holds India', this legend appears to have tempted many ambitious conquerors to have their Capital at Delhi. And, there is no doubt, each one of them contributed to its growth. Though Delhi, as capital, changed site at least seven times, it has shown remarkable continuity. Delhi has witnessed a number of prominent dynasties and rulers in its journey of transformation.
In 1857, a mutiny broke out in India to get rid of East India Company's rule. During this mutiny, Delhi played a mentionable role and tried to emancipate from the clutches of Britishers. The Government now passed from the hands of the East India Company to the British Crown. The seat of the Government remained at Calcutta, Delhi relegated to a secondary position.
In 1911 at a Royal Durbar held in Delhi, King George V on 12 December 1911 announced the transfer of capital from Calcutta to Delhi.
In order to preserve the rich documentary heritage of all the events witnessed by the historic city of Delhi, an archival institution was the need of that hour. Therefore, the Department of Delhi Archives was established in 1972 on archival standards and later shifted to its present building in 1986.