Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board Syllabus DSSSB conducts exams for recruitment of teachers. On this page, we have a detailed (PGT/TGT) Exam Pattern.
The selection will be done through One-tier/Two-tier exam or skill test (wherever applicable). DSSSB may take up the verification of eligibility of the candidate at any point of time prior to or after the completion of the selection process.
Table of contents
- Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board Syllabus DSSSB Tier-I Exam Pattern
- DSSSB Teacher Tier-II Exam Pattern
- Delhi Subordinate Selection Service Board Exam Syllabus – General Awareness
- DSSSB Syllabus – General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability
- Delhi TGT PGT Syllabus – Arithmetical & Numerical Ability
- DSSSB Delhi Primary Teacher Exam Syllabus – English Language
- Delhi DSSSB TGT PGT Exam Syllabus Geography
- Teacher Exam Syllabus History
- DSSSB Delhi PGT Exam Syllabus – Teaching Methodology
- Delhi Primary Teacher Syllabus 2018 – Drawing
- Delhi Asst. Teacher Exam Syllabus – Biology
- DSSSB Teacher Syllabus Physical Education
- DSSSB Syllabus – Fine Art
- About Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB)
Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board Syllabus DSSSB Tier-I Exam Pattern
|Section||Subject Name||Total No.of Questions||Total No. of marks||Time Duration|
|A||General Awareness||20||20||2 Hours|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability||20||20||20||2 Hours|
|Arithmetical & Numerical Ability||20||20||20||2 Hours|
|Hindi & Comprehension||20||20||20||2 Hours|
|English & Comprehension||20||20||20||2 Hours|
- You need to answer questions from all the subjects to qualify in sectional cut-off.
- There is 0.25 negative marking.
- One question carries one mark in Tier I test.
- The exam contains 200 questions.
DSSSB Teacher Tier-II Exam Pattern
|Section I||Mental Ability & Reasoning||20||20||3 Hours|
|General Awareness||20||20||20||3 Hours|
|English Language & Comprehension||20||20||20||3 Hours|
|Hindi Language & Comprehension||20||20||20||3 Hours|
|Numerical Aptitude & Data Interpretation||20||20||20||3 Hours|
|Section II||Teaching Methodologies||200||200|
Delhi Subordinate Selection Service Board Exam Syllabus – General Awareness
- Current affairs.
- Scientific Research.
- Art & Culture.
- Everyday Science.
- National/International Organizations /Institutions etc.
DSSSB Syllabus – General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability
- Similarities & differences.
- Space visualization.
- Decision making.
- Verbal & Nonverbal types
- Arithmetical reasoning.
- Visual memory.
- Verbal and figure classification.
- Arithmetical number series etc.
Delhi TGT PGT Syllabus – Arithmetical & Numerical Ability
- Data Interpretation.
- Number Systems.
- Ratio & Proportion.
- Time & Distance.
- Profit & Loss.
- Simple & Compound Interest.
- Time & Work.
- Tables & Graphs etc.
DSSSB Delhi Primary Teacher Exam Syllabus – English Language
- Comprehension of the English and Hindi Languages.
- Questions on Vocabulary.
- Sentence Structure.
Delhi DSSSB TGT PGT Exam Syllabus Geography
- Political Geography.
- Human Geography.
- Soils and Vegetations.
- Development of Geographical Thought.
- Settlement Geography.
- Transport and Trade.
- Geography of Jharkhand.
- Economic Geography.
- Physical Aspects.
- Human Aspects.
- Regional Development and Planning.
Teacher Exam Syllabus History
- Sources and approaches to studying of early Indian history.
- Early pastoral and agricultural communities. The archaeological evidence.
- The rise of Magadha; the Mauryan empire. Ashoka‘s inscriptions; his dhamma nature of the Mauryan state.
- Tamilaham and its society; the Sangam texts.
- The post-Mauryan period in northern and peninsular India; Political and administrative history, economy, Society, culture, and religion.
- India in the Gupta and post-Gupta period (to c.750).
- The first half of 18th Century.
- Patterns of settlement, economy, social organization and religion in India (c. 2000 to 500 B.C.): archaeological perspectives.
- The Indus Civilization; its origins, nature, and decline.
- Teachings of Mahavira and Buddha. Contemporary society, the early phase of state formation and urbanization.
- Themes in early Indian cultural history.
- Soviet Disintegration and the Unipolar World.
- Decolonization and Underdevelopment.
- Colonial Liberation.
- India, 750-1200.
- India, 750-1200.
- Unification of Europe.
- Cold War.
- World Wars.
- Nation-State System.
- Imperialism and Colonialism.
- Revolution and Counter-Revolution.
- Imperialism and Colonialism.
- Enlightenment and Modern ideas.
- Origins of Modern Politics.
- Early Indian Nationalism.
- Economy 1858-1914.
- Towards Freedom.
- The first phase of Independence.
- Nationalism under Gandhi’s leadership.
- Other strands of the National Movement.
- The inter-war economy of India.
- Colonial Economy.
- Socio-cultural impact of the colonial rule.
- Establishment of British rule in India.
- Resistance to colonial rule.
DSSSB Delhi PGT Exam Syllabus – Teaching Methodology
- explaining how each teaching method can be used to enhance effective teaching and learning and the different methods of education.
- Prepare a scheme of work of your elective teaching subjects using the syllabus also.
- Learning objectives.
- Describe ways of grading and recording of the results.
- Prepare and teach a microteaching lesson also.
- Describe the role of teachers and learners in instruction also.
- Explain how the psychological theories of learning are applied to learning and teaching also.
- Describe various educational provisions for individual differences.
- The types of tests, their limitations, and strengths.
- Make lesson plans to be used in the teaching of your elective subjects at a given class level.
- Select the content, resources to be used in the preparation of schemes and lesson plans to suit the student characteristics.
- Define the terms, tests, measurement, assessment, and evaluation.
- Define methodology/pedagogy, learning objectives.
- Learn the sequence of learning and the criteria for selecting strategies for learning.
- The different categories of evaluation and their application in teaching and learning also.
Delhi Primary Teacher Syllabus 2018 – Drawing
- Drawing for Design.
- Portrait studies.
- Still Life Painting.
- Principles of Composition.
- Indian Folk Art.
- Figure Composition.
- Landscape painting.
- Modern art in India.
- Philosophy of Art.
Delhi Asst. Teacher Exam Syllabus – Biology
- Animal behavior.
- Developmental biology.
- Evolutionary ecology.
- Cell biology.
- Computational biology.
- Human biology.
- Organismal biology.
- Molecular evolution.
- Plant biology.
- Molecular ecology.
- Molecular genetics.
- Plant molecular biology.
DSSSB Teacher Syllabus Physical Education
- We and our environment.
- Food and Nutrition.
- Human Body; physical fitness and health.
- Consumer Health.
- Social Health and relationships with others.
- Safety and Security.
- Vocational and Leadership aspects.
DSSSB Syllabus – Fine Art
- Drawing ( Studio Work ).
- Product Drawing.
- Graphic Design.
- Design 2 – D.
- Design 3 – D.
- Lettering, Typo. & Calligraphy.
- Press Layout.
- Poster Design / Hoarding.
TGT stands for ‘Trained Graduate Teacher‘ whereas PGT stands for ‘Post Graduate Teacher’.
To become a trained graduate teacher (TGT), a candidate must hold a graduation degree in any discipline and a Bachelors’s in education (B. Ed). The B. Ed course thoroughly prepares the teachers for secondary schools.
The maximum age limit for Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT) is 32 years. The age requirement for Assistant Teacher (Primary) & Assistant Teacher (Nursery) should not exceed 30 years.
Yes, candidates of other states can apply for the DSSSB recruitment as the notification states that candidates must be a citizen of India. Only OBC (Delhi) category will be given the benefit of reservation under DSSSB recruitment.
No, the DSSSB exam is not tough.
In the DSSSB exam, the selection will be done on the basis of the written exam. On the basis of the performance of the candidates in the written exam, the subject-wise cut-off is published on the official website.
As per the new DSSSB eligibility criteria, the upper age limit of female candidates is 40 years. Earlier, female applicants up to 32-year-old could only apply for the post.
About Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB)
The Board has been incorporated with the purpose of recruiting capable, competent, highly skilled individuals by conducting written tests, professional tests and personal interviews wherever as desired. The Board shall hereby commit to developing selection and recruitment procedures that conform to the global standards in testing, and promise selections by all fair means, of the most competent, capable, and skilled individuals for user departments.
CONTROLLER OF EXAM Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB)
FC-18, INSTITUTIONAL AREA, KARKARDOOMA,
NEAR RAILWAY RESERVATION CENTER,