The Central Institute of Temperate Horticulture (CITH) is inviting applications for various positions in its organization. The recruitment process has started, and interested candidates can apply online. This article provides all the necessary information regarding the recruitment process, including the eligibility criteria, application process, and important dates.
- 1 Central Institute of Temperate Horticulture (CITH) Recruitment
- 2 Latest Central Institute of Temperate Horticulture (CITH) Vacancies
- 3 Available Positions
- 4 Eligibility Criteria
- 5 Application Process
- 6 Selection Process
- 7 Pay Scale
- 8 About Central Institute of Temperate Horticulture (CITH)
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Central Institute of Temperate Horticulture (CITH) Recruitment
The CITH recruitment drive is a great opportunity for candidates who wish to work in the field of horticulture. The selection process includes a written examination and a skill test, and the pay scale for the selected candidates is attractive. We encourage eligible candidates to apply and be a part of CITH’s mission to promote temperate horticulture in India.
Latest Central Institute of Temperate Horticulture (CITH) VacanciesNo Jobs available.
CITH is inviting applications for the following positions:
- Technical Assistant
- Lab Technician
- Field Worker
- Skilled Support Staff
Candidates who wish to apply for the above positions must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
The maximum age limit for the Technical Assistant, Lab Technician, and Field Worker positions is 30 years. The maximum age limit for the Skilled Support Staff position is 25 years.
- Technical Assistant: Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or Horticulture or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Lab Technician: Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Agriculture or Horticulture or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Field Worker: Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent from a recognized board.
- Skilled Support Staff: Matriculation or its equivalent from a recognized board.
Candidates can apply for the above positions online. The application process is as follows:
How to Apply
- Visit the official website of CITH.
- Click on the “Recruitment” tab.
- Select the desired position and click on “Apply Online.”
- Fill in the required details and upload the necessary documents.
- Pay the application fee (if applicable).
- Submit the application form.
Candidates belonging to the General/OBC category must pay an application fee of Rs. 200/-. The application fee is exempted for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD/Women categories.
The selection process for the above positions includes a written examination and a skill test. The written examination will consist of objective-type questions related to the relevant field. Candidates who qualify for the written examination will be called for a skill test.
The pay scale for the above positions is as follows:
- Technical Assistant: Level 6 (Rs. 35,400 – Rs. 1,12,400)
- Lab Technician: Level 5 (Rs. 29,200 – Rs. 92,300)
- Field Worker: Level 1 (Rs. 18,000 – Rs. 56,900)
- Skilled Support Staff: Level 1 (Rs. 18,000 – Rs. 56,900)
About Central Institute of Temperate Horticulture (CITH)
The Central Institute of Temperate Horticulture (CITH) is a premier research institution located in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India. It is an autonomous organization under the administrative control of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi. CITH was established in 1993 with the aim of promoting research and development in the field of temperate horticulture.
The institute is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure and research facilities for conducting research in various areas of temperate horticulture, including fruit breeding and genetics, post-harvest management, plant protection, and soil science. The research carried out at CITH aims to develop new varieties of fruits and vegetables that are suited to the local climate and environmental conditions.
Apart from research, CITH also provides training and consultancy services to farmers, entrepreneurs, and other stakeholders in the field of temperate horticulture. The institute has a well-equipped training and demonstration center, which conducts regular training programs on various aspects of horticulture, including nursery management, pest and disease management, and value addition.
CITH has also been actively involved in the development of agro-processing technologies for temperate fruits and vegetables. The institute has developed several value-added products from apples, such as apple juice, apple cider vinegar, and dehydrated apple slices, which have received widespread acceptance in the market.
To promote temperate horticulture in the country, CITH also organizes various events and exhibitions, such as the National Horticulture Fair, which provides a platform for farmers, researchers, and entrepreneurs to showcase their products and technologies.
In addition to its research and training activities, CITH is also involved in several outreach programs to promote awareness about the importance of temperate horticulture among the general public. The institute regularly organizes field visits and awareness campaigns in schools and villages to educate people about the benefits of horticulture and the role it plays in the economy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The maximum age limit for the Technical Assistant position is 30 years.
Yes, the application fee is exempted for SC/ST/PwD/Women candidates.