The Central Vigilance Commission has announced the commencement of the Vigilance Awareness Week, 2023, as a key strategy in combating corruption. This annual event aims to raise awareness and reaffirm the commitment to upholding integrity in public governance.
The week will take place from October 30th to November 5th, 2023, and is aligned with the birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. In preparation for this, a three-month campaign (August 16th to November 15th, 2023) has been proposed, focusing on preventive vigilance measures.
These include promoting awareness about Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informers, enhancing capacity-building programs, implementing systemic improvements, utilizing IT for complaint disposal, updating guidelines, and resolving complaints received before June 30th, 2023.
Observance of Vigilance Awareness Week, 2023
CENTRAL VIGILANCE COMMISSION
Satarkta Bhawan, G.P.O. Complex,
Block A, INA, New Delhi-110023
Circular No. 06/08/23
Sub: Observance of Vigilance Awareness Week, 2023
The Central Vigilance Commission adopts several strategies in effective implementation of its mandate to fight corruption. Observance of Vigilance Awareness Week remains one of the primary tools of preventive vigilance with the focus on building awareness and re-affirming the commitment of everyone to uphold integrity in public governance. The Central Vigilance Commission observes Vigilance Awareness Week every year in the week in which the birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel falls. This year, the Commission has decided that Vigilance Awareness Week 2023 would be observed from 30th October 2023 – 5th November 2023.
- As a prelude to Vigilance Awareness Week 2023, the Commission has desired that all organizations may undertake a three-month campaign (16th August 2023 – 15th November 2023) with the following Preventive Vigilance measures as focus areas:
- Awareness building about Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informers (PIDPI) Resolution,
- Capacity Building programs,
- Identification and implementation of Systemic Improvement measures,
- Leveraging of IT for complaint disposal,
- Updation of Circulars / Guidelines / Manuals,
- Disposal of complaints received before 30.06.23. )
Brief description of the above 06 parameters is at Annexure A to this circular.
- All Ministries / Departments / Organizations may ensure active participation by all concerned to bring about noteworthy results during the campaign. Action taken report regarding the six Preventive Vigilance measures that are to be taken up as focus areas during this three-month campaign period should be sent by all to the Central Vigilance Commission as per the format enclosed at Annexures C(i) to C(vi) by 8 December 2023(Friday).
- Further instructions regarding the theme to be adopted and the activities to be undertaken during Vigilance Awareness Week 2023 will follow.
- This information is also available on the Commission’s website at http://www.cvc.gov.in.