Chandigarh Police Union Territory Recruitment 2023 - Sarkari Naukri
Chandigarh Police Union Territory Recruitment for following posts:
List of active jobs at Chandigarh Police Union Territory. The other Related Jobs Chandigarh Police Union Territory Recruitment Notification
List of old jobs.
|Job Title / Posts||Last Date|
About Chandigarh Police Union Territory Recruitment
About Chandigarh Police Union Territory
Chandigarh, the dream city of India's first Prime Minister, Sh. Jawahar Lal Nehru, was planned by the famous French architect Le Corbusier. Picturesquely located at the foothills of Shivaliks, it is known as one of the best experiments in urban planning and modern architecture in the twentieth century in India.
Chandigarh derives its name from the temple of "Chandi Mandir" located in the vicinity of the site selected for the city. The deity 'Chandi', the goddess of power and a fort of 'garh' laying beyond the temple gave the city its name "Chandigarh-The City Beautiful".
The city has a pre-historic past. The gently sloping plains on which modern Chandigarh exists, was in the ancient past, a wide lake ringed by a marsh. The fossil remains found at the site indicate a large variety of aquatic and amphibian life, which was supported by that environment. About 8000 years ago the area was also known to be a home to the Harappans.
Since the medieval through modern era, the area was part of the large and prosperous Punjab Province which was divided into East & West Punjab during partition of the country in 1947. The city was conceived not only to serve as the capital of East Punjab, but also to resettle thousands of refugees who had been uprooted from West Punjab.
In March, 1948, the Government of Punjab, in consultation with the Government of India, approved the area of the foothills of the Shivaliks as the site for the new capital. The location of the city site was a part of the erstwhile Ambala district as per the 1892-93 gazetteer of District Ambala. The foundation stone of the city was laid in 1952. Subsequently, at the time of reorganization of the state on 01.11.1966 into Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pardesh, the city assumed the unique distinction of being the capital city of both, Punjab and Haryana while it itself was declared as a Union Territory and under the direct control of the Central Government.
Chandigarh Police is the law enforcement agency for the Union Territory of Chandigarh. Chandigarh Police comes under direct control of Department of Home Affairs, Chandigarh administration. The Chandigarh Police is headed by IGP (Inspector General of Police). Chandigarh Police Union Territory recruitment offers great career opportunities for several posts such as Constable in Band Staff (Brass & Pipe Band). Interested candidates can pursue courses in 10+2 for a great career at Chandigarh Police Union Territory.
- Indian Institute of Management Udaipur (IIM Udaipur) Invites Application for Junior Associate Recruitment 2023
- AIIMS Mangalagiri Invites Application for Medical Social Worker Recruitment 2023
- Advanced Centre for Treatment Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC) Invites Application for Network Technician Recruitment 2023
- ICMR Invites Application for 11 Consultant, Project Scientist Support, More Vacancies Recruitment 2023
- ACTREC Invites Application for Staff Nurse Recruitment 2023
- AIIMS Bhopal Invites Application for Multi Tasking Staff, Laboratory Technician, SRF Recruitment 2023
- Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) Invites Application for 771 Non Teaching Specialist Doctors Recruitment 2023
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur) Invites Application for Field Assistant Recruitment 2023
- NIRTH Invites Application for Project Assistant, Project Technician-III or Laboratory Technician, More Vacancies Recruitment 2023
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneswar (AIIMS Bhubaneswar) Invites Application for Scientist-C Recruitment 2023
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras Invites Application for Administrative Officer Recruitment 2023
- National Institute of Oceanography Goa (NIO Goa) Invites Application for Project Assistant Recruitment 2023