Eastern Railway Recruitment 2022 for 3,366 Apprentices
Vacancy Circular No:
Eastern Railway (ER)
invites applications for recruitment of 3,366 Apprentices
- Malda, Asansol - West Bengal
Number of Vacancy: 3366 Posts
|ER Jobs Freshers Recruitment 2022||Details|
|Job Role||3, 366 Apprentices|
|Total Vacancy||3366 Posts|
|Job Locations||Malda, Asansol|
|Age Limit||The candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age (as on cutoff date for receiving application)|
|Posted on||31 Mar, 2022|
|Last Date To Apply||10 May, 2022|
Educational Qualification: ITI
Online Applications are invited from eligible candidates who are Indian Nationals for engagement / training in Workshops and Divisions of Eastern Railway as Act Apprentices under the Apprentices Act, 1961 and Apprenticeship Rules, 1992, as amended from time to time
1. Post Name: Act Apprentice
2. No of Posts: 3,366
a. Howrah Division: 659
b. Liluah Workshop: 612
c. Sealdah Division: 297
d. Kanchrapara Workshop: 187
e. Malda Division: 138
f. Asansol Division: 412
g. Jamalpur Workshop: 667
a. The candidate must have passed 10th class examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 examination system) with minimum 50% marks, in aggregate, from recognized Board and also should possess the National Trade Certificate in the notified trade issued by NCVT/SCVT
b. However, for the following Trades the minimum educational qualification is 8th class pass from recognized School and the National Trade Certificate in the notified trade issued by NCVT/SCVT: Weléer (Gas and Electric), Sheet Metal Worker, Lineman Wireman Carpenter Painter (General)
4. Trade Names:
Fitter, Welder, Mech(MV), Mech(Dsl.), Machinist, Carpenter, Painter, Lineman (General), Wireman, Ref.& AC Mech., Electrician, Mechanic Machine Tool Maint.(MM TM)
5. Notification No.RRC-ER/Act Apprentices/2021-22
Age Limit: The candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age (as on cutoff date for receiving application)
1. Selection of a candidate for training slot of a unit of Eastern Railway will be on the basis of merit prepared in respect of all eligible candidates, who apply against the notification. Merit list (trade/unit/community wise) will be prepared on the basis of data/details filled up by candidates in the online application form
2. If any candidate fills up the wrong details then his/her candidature will be cancelled as soon as the discrepancy comes in the notice of Railway administration.
3. The Select list for Document Verification (DV) will be on the basis of average of marks in the Matriculation and ITl. The formula given below in para 5 iii to 5 ii will be followed for determining the merit.
4. Merit list will be prepared trade/unit/communityv wise. Candidate must note that no centralized merit list will be formed.
5. For the trades for which class 10th pass is the minimum qualification, a separate merit list will be drawn for eligible candidates taking the average of the percentage marks obtained by the candidates in both matriculation (with minimum 50% (aggregate) marks) and ITI examination giving equal weightage to both.
6. For example - A candidate secured 80.58 % marks in Matriculation examination and 91.68% marks in ITI, then marks considered for selection will be % [80.58 + 91.681 = 86.13.
7. For the trades for which class 8th pass is the minimum qualification, the merit list would be prepared for all eligible candidates, including those having qualification of matriculation and who opt for these trades, based on the average marks obtained both in class 8th standard and ITI examination, giving equal weightage to both
8. For example -A candidate secured 80.58 % marks in 8th class examination and 91.68% marks in ITI, then marks considered for selection will be % [80.58 + 91.681 = 86.13.
9. Candidates to the extent of 1.5 times the notified training slots in the respective communities, as per merit prepared in view of above formula, will be called for Document Verification (DV) of unit, to cater to absenteeism and rejection etc.
10. However, the opportunity for training will be given to candidates who are selected as per merit order of their respective community, in the ratio of 1:1 of notified training slots, subject adhering to other prescribed criteria as per railway rules, for example - medical fitness in required category and rules for verification of a candidate etc.
11. A candidate will get selected for training in ONLY one unit of Eastern Railway as per procedures mentioned above, based on the comparative community wise merit position of candidate and as per available training slots in his/her trade.
How to Apply:
1. Before applying, the candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils all the eligibility criteria. If at any later stage, the particulars furnished by the candidate are revealed to be not conforming with the eligibility criteria, his engagement will be terminated forthwith. All annexures in the given formats for claiming fees exemption, reservation, age relaxation, etc. must be submitted at the time of verification of documents.
2. The candidates are required to apply ONLINE by visiting the link provided on the Notice Board of official website of RRC/ER Kolkata (www.rrcer.com).
3. They must go through the detailed instructions before filling up the online applications. All relevant fields/boxes must be carefully filled up by the candidate.
4. The particulars (including spellings) must match with the details available in the Matriculation certificate like name, father's name, date of birth etc.
5. The candidates should fill the relevant columns regarding their community as per the government issued certificates for SC/ST/OBC/EWS and physical disability
6. Candidates can apply for any unit of Eastern Railway for training as Act Apprentice Trainee as per notified training slots of units of Eastern Railway through this notification.
7. However, they would have to exercise options for giving preference to units for training.
8. However, a candidate will get selected for training in ONLY one unit of Eastern Railway as per procedures mentioned in Para 5 of this notification, based on the comparative community wise merit position of candidate and as per available training slots in his/her trade
9. The candidates are advised to indicate their mobile numbers and valid e-mail IDs which need to be kept active over the entire process of selection, since communication for further selection process will be made through these media.
10. No letter will be sent by post from RRC ER.
11. Date of ublication of Notification on website: 29.03.2022
12. Openin date and time of Online Application: 11.04.2022
13. Closin date and time of Online A lication: 10.05.2022
Published on: 31 March 2022
For more details, please refer to official notification at Download Official Notification
Eastern Railway Recruitment for following posts:
List of active jobs at Eastern Railway. The other Related Jobs Eastern Railway Recruitment Notification
List of old jobs.
|Job Title / Posts||Last Date|
| ACT Apprentice - ( 2972 Posts) Posts
|Last Date: 20th May 2022|
| 3,366 Apprentices - ( 3366 Posts) Posts
- Malda, Asansol - West Bengal Last Date: 10 May 2022 Employment Type: Full Time Number of Vacancy: 3366 Posts ER Jobs Freshers ER Jobs Freshers Recruitment 2022 Details Job Role 3
|Last Date: 10 May 2022|
| Sports Persons - ( 21 Posts) Posts
Subhas Road , Fairlie Place
|Last Date: 11 December 2021|
| Act Apprentice - ( 3366 Posts) Posts
|Last Date: 3 November 2021|
About Eastern Railway Recruitment
About Eastern Railway
The Eastern Railway (abbreviated ER) is among the 18 zones of the Indian Railways. Its headquarters is at Fairley Place, Kolkata and comprises four divisions: Howrah, Malda, Sealdah, and Asansol. Each division is headed by a Divisional Railway Manager (DRM). The name of the division denotes the name of the city where the divisional headquarters is located. Eastern Railway Consists Most no. of A1 and A Category Stations like Howrah, Malda Town, Sealdah, Asansol, Durgapur, Barddhaman, Bhagalpur, Jasidih, Bandel, Dankuni etc. Eastern Railways operates the oldest trains of India, Kalka Mail. 3 Popular Zones ECR, SER (again from SER-ECOR and SECR carved out in 2020) NFR were part Indian railways.
Eastern Railway started operations on 14th April 1952. Its headquarters is located in Kolkata. The Eastern Railway (ER) is one of the 17 zones of the Indian Railways.
Eastern Railway has three major workshops: Jamalpur, Liluah, and Kanchrapara. The Jamalpur Workshop is for wagon repair, periodic overhaul (POH) of diesel locomotives, manufacturing of cranes and tower-wagons; the Liluah workshop is for POH of coaching & freight vehicles and the Kanchrapara workshop is for POH of electric locomotives, EMU Locals and coaches.
Eastern Railway recruitment offers great career opportunities for several posts such as Scouts and Guides Quota, Sports Quota (Various Discipline), Senior Resident, Points man (operating system), Trackman (Engineering Department), Helper (Engineering, Electrical Mechanical, S&T Department), Helper (Workshops Depart), Safaiwala (Medical/Commercial Department), Doctors.
Interested candidates can pursue courses in Matriculation or Passed out Act Apprenticeship/ITI, (10th Class) /Intermediate/ ITI / Graduation, MD/MS/DNB in the concerned specialty; PG Degree/Diploma in related Discipline, MBBS, MS; for a great career at Eastern Railway.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many vacancies are there?
There are 3366 vacancies in total. 3,366 Apprentices: 3366 Posts,
What is the Pay Scale for 3,366 Apprentices?
The Payscale is as follows 3,366 Apprentices: INR Not Disclosed,
When can I can apply for 3,366 Apprentices job at Eastern Railway
You can go through the offical document provided, and follow the instructions to apply online. Always follow the dates mentioned in the official PDF.
Where will I be placed if selected?
The selected candidate will be placed in - Malda, Asansol - West Bengal Last Date: 10 May 2022 Employment Type: Full Time Number of Vacancy: 3366 Posts ER Jobs Freshers ER Jobs Freshers Recruitment 2022 Details Job Role 3
What is Eastern Railway 3,366 Apprentices: 3366 Posts, Application Last Date
The last date to apply for Eastern Railway 3,366 Apprentices: 3366 Posts, is 10th May, 2022
How can I apply for this job?
Complete information regarding this job is given on this page. Link to official document is also provided. The candidates are adivsed to go through it thorouly before Apply Online. If the job interests you and you are eligible for 3,366 Apprentices, then click on the apply online link given below. You can apply online. Remember the last date to apply for this job is 10th May, 2022
- District Court Nabarangpur Invites Application for 21 Stenographer Grade-III, Junior Typist, More Vacancies Recruitment 2022
- Central Bank of India Invites Application for Faculty, Office Assistant, Counsellor Recruitment 2022
- Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences Invites Application for 33 Senior Resident Recruitment 2022
- Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University (HNGU) Invites Application for 93 Warden, Lab Assistant and Various Posts
- DRPCAU Invites Application for Dean, Registrar Recruitment 2022
- Govind Ballabh Pant University Agriculture And Technology (GBPUAT) Invites Application for Project Associate-I Recruitment 2022
- DMER Punjab Invites Application for 178 Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor Recruitment 2022
- National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) Invites Application for Research Associate Recruitment 2022
- National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) Invites Application for Financial Advisor Recruitment 2022
- International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore (IIIT Bangalore) Invites Application for Manager Recruitment 2022
- Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering and Technology (CIPET) Invites Application for Junior Research Fellow or Project Associate-I Recruitment 2022
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune (IISER Pune) Invites Application for Faculty Fellow Recruitment 2022