Govt Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram) Jobs 2019-2020 - Sarkari Naukri
IISER Thiruvananthapuram Invites Application for Senior Research Fellow Recruitment 2019
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram)
invites applications for recruitment of Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
Trivandrum Campus, Thiruvananthapuram, 695016 Kerala
Number of Vacancy: 1 Posts
Educational Qualification: Ph.D. in any area of biological/life sciences. OR Master degree in any area of biological/life sciences with 4 years/5 years of Bachelor’s degree. OR Candidates having a postgraduate degree in Basic Sciences with 3 years Bachelor’s degree and 2 years Master's degree should have qualified NET* or equivalent examination. OR The Master’s degree holders with the integrated degrees (5 years) like B.Tech & M.Tech with specialization in biological/life sciences NET* - As regards, NET examination, the candidate should have qualified any national level examination conducted by the Central Govt. Departments/agencies for admission to Ph.D. program are considered as NET for the purpose of RA/SRF. The following are some of the NET examinations: CSIR-CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test. MHRD-Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering admission. DBT-Biotechnology Eligibility Test & Test conducted in Bioinformatics by Bioinformatics National Consortium. DAE-JEST & JGEEBILS, NBHM. ICMR-JRF Entrance Examination. ICAR-Test conducted by ICAR for admission to Ph.D. program. DoP-GPAT. Preference: Academically excellent candidate with technical proficiency in recombinant DNA(rDNA) technology especially in cloning, designing and making gene constructs. A minimum of 6 months of research experience in rDNA technology like cloning, bacterial transformation, etc., is preferable but not mandatory. This may be considered as a criterion for shortlisting if many applications are received.
Pay Scale:Pay Scale:
31000/- Per Month
Age Limit: 32 Years
How to Apply:
Completed applications should be sent by email to Dr. Ravi Maruthachalam (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject line NASF-ICAR SRF position-Your Name. Last date 20 October 2019.
1. The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in the Funding Agency or in IISER Thiruvananthapuram.
3. The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions.
5. The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader/ Principal Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
6. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
Published on: 12th October 2019
For more details, please refer to official notification at Download Official Notification
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment for following posts:
About Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment
About Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Thiruvananthapuram was started functioning in the year 2008, It’s an autonomous institution comes under the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India. The aim of Institute is to provide quality education in modern science, integrating research cutting across discipline.
The vision & mission of institute is to provide quality higher education to youngster for empowering them, by teaching, research emphasis on national development, by build a knowledge base and promote quality higher education that empower the human being and develop human research to meet the social needs.
The institute conducting various integrated Ph.D. Programme, BS-MS Programs, Postdoctoral Programs, & Undergraduate courses in academic discipline of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics Physics, etc.