Office of the Registrar General Recruitment for following posts:
|Job Title / Posts||Last Date||Job Location|
|Deputy Director - ( 1 Posts) Posts||8th November 2018||Jaisingh Road, New Delhi|
About Office of the Registrar General Recruitment
About Office of the Registrar General
The Indian Census is the largest single source of a variety of statistical information on different characteristics of the people of India. With a history of more than 130 years, this reliable, time tested exercise has been bringing out a veritable wealth of statistics every 10 years, beginning from 1872 when the first census was conducted in India non-synchronously in different parts. To scholars and researchers in demography, economics, anthropology, sociology, statistics and many other disciplines, the Indian Census has been a fascinating source of data. The rich diversity of the people of India is truly brought out by the decennial census which has become one of the tools to understand and study India
The responsibility of conducting the decennial Census rests with the Office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India under Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. It may be of historical interest that though the population census of India is a major administrative function; the Census Organisation was set up on an ad-hoc basis for each Census till the 1951 Census. The Census Act was enacted in 1948 to provide for the scheme of conducting population census with duties and responsibilities of census officers. The Government of India decided in May 1949 to initiate steps for developing systematic collection of statistics on the size of population, its growth, etc., and established an organisation in the Ministry of Home Affairs under Registrar General and ex-Officio Census Commissioner, India. This organisation was made responsible for generating data on population statistics including Vital Statistics and Census. Later, this office was also entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969 in the country.
MySarkariNaukri.com is the best website to look for Office Registrar General government jobs or sarkari naukri for Office Registrar General. Get full details of Office Registrar General jobs such as eligibility criteria, number of posts, qualifications required, application process, Office Registrar General Jobs Recruitment process and lots more. Browse all 2021 Office Registrar General Government Jobs in India
Checkout the recent employment oppurtunities for Office Registrar General in Government Sector. We have the latest jobs for Office Registrar General in India. We are the first to announce any recruitment for Office Registrar General as soon as it is announced.
Start your job search for Office Registrar General today - for FREE!
Register now, and keep informed about all the government jobs for Office Registrar General for FREE. You can also get Office Registrar General Government Job alerts through Mobile.
- University of Agricultural Sciences Dharwad Invites Application for Technical Assistant Recruitment 2021
- Tata Memorial Centre Invites Application for Medical Superintendent-I Recruitment 2021
- Tata Memorial Centre Invites Application for 8 Professor F Recruitment 2021
- NIT Hamirpur Invites Application for JRF Recruitment 2021
- AIIMS Patna Invites Application for 3 Junior Resident Recruitment 2021
- IIT Madras Invites Application for Research Associate Recruitment 2021
- Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Ltd Invites Application for Chief Signal and Telecommunication Engineer Recruitment 2021
- PJTSAU Invites Application for 4 Part Time Teacher Recruitment 2021
- NIN Invites Application for Project Field Investigator Recruitment 2021
- Lucknow University Invites Application for Research Assistant Recruitment 2021
- Annamalai University Invites Application for 10 Lab Technician Recruitment 2021
- Ramanathapuram District Invites Application for Assistant cum Computer Operator Recruitment 2021