Title: Detailed Punjab Judicial Service Examination Syllabus
|Name of Organisation||Punjab and Haryana High Court|
|Name of Posts||Judicial Magistrate|
|Recruitment Details||Punjab and Haryana High Court Judicial Magistrate|
|Type of Test||Objective Type|
|Test Mode||Online (Computer Based Test – CBT)|
Punjab Judiciary Prelims Syllabus
As there are five sections (Main Subject of Law, Current Affairs, Indian Legal & Constitutional History and Governance, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning) from which multiple-choice questions will be asked in the exam from the Syllabus for PCS Judiciary Punjab.
Punjab PCS Judiciary Syllabus for Law
We have mentioned all the topics for the main subject of the Law in the following points. Also, candidates can download the Punjab Judiciary Exam Syllabus PDF and save it for future reference to get an offline syllabus.
- International Law and Municipal Law
- Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea, and outer space
- Nationality and Statelessness
- Law in Changing Society
- Contemporary Issues and Prospects
- State Jurisdiction
- United Nations
- Company and Financial Market Regulation I
- Law Relating to Prevention and Punishment for Corruption
- Comparative Constitution
Punjab Judiciary Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
Here are the topics of the quantitative aptitude section of the Prelims Exam in the following table. This table covers each topic from which questions will be asked in the exam.
|Problems on Train||Odd Man Out||Simple Interest||Compound Interest||Quadratic Equation|
|Problems on Numbers||Mixtures and Allegations||Percentage||Races and Games||Profit and Loss|
|Pipes and Cisterns||Ratio and Proportion||Number and Ages||Time and Work Partnership||Boat and Stream|
|Permutation and Combination||Time and Distance||Indices and Surds||Averages||Geometry and Mensurations|
|Volumes||Simple Equations||Probability||Areas||Simplification and Approximation|
|Problems of LCM and HCF||Logarithms||Progressions||Data Sufficiency||Pipe and Cisterns|
PCS Judiciary Syllabus Punjab for Reasoning
In the following table, there is a detailed reasoning syllabus for the Punjab Judiciary Exam. It helps candidates know the topics from which questions will be asked in the exam’s reasoning section.
|Number Series||Classification||Blood Relation||Coding-Decoding||Analogies|
|Statements and Assumptions||Binary Logic||Clocks & Calendars||Cubes & Dice||Letter Series|
|Seating Arrangement||Venn Diagrams||Problem Solving||Coded Inequalities||Puzzles and Syllogisms|
|Inferences||Situation Reaction Test||Decision Making||Symbols and Notations||Assertion and Reason|
|Direction Sense Test||Verification of Truth of the Statement||Logical Sequence Of Words||Double Lineup||Logical Deductions|
|Evaluating Course of Action||Statements and Conclusions||Mathematical and Computer Operations||Critical Reasoning||Routes & Networks|
|Grouping & Selections||Mirror Image||Grouping Identical Figures||Figure Matrix Questions||NonVerbal Series|
Punjab Judiciary Exam Syllabus for Current Affairs
Look at the table to know the topics of the current affairs asked in the exam. Candidates are suggested to prepare for this section of the exam by reading daily newspapers and magazines.
|Inventions and Discoveries||Sports and General||Indian History||Indian Parliament|
|Important Days & Dates||Important Books & Authors||Indian Politics||Education|
|Government Schemes||Current Events||Rivers, Lakes, and Seas||Famous Places in India|
|Tourism||Countries, Capitals, and Currencies||Artists||Obituary|
|Banking||Science and Technology||Environment||Economy|
|Awards||International Affairs||Current Ministers & Governors||Business|
|Indian Financial System||Festivity||Summits & Conferences||Abbreviations and Economic Terminologies|
Punjab Judiciary Mains Syllabus
In the Mains Exam Level of the Punjab Judiciary Exam, there are also five sections (Civil Law I, Civil Law-II, Criminal Law, English Language, and Punjabi Language). Here in the following tables and points, we are mentioning the detailed Punjab Judiciary Mains Syllabus that helps prepare the candidate who successfully qualified for the Prelims Exam.
Civil Law-I Syllabus for PCS Judiciary Punjab
Go through the table to know the Civil Law I syllabus for the PPSC. Candidates are suggested to get the basic knowledge about the Laws mentioned in the following points.
- Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- Punjab Courts Act
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Indian Sales of Goods Act
- Indian Partnership Act
- Specific Relief Act, 1963
- Transfer of Property Act, 1882,
- East Punjab Urban Rent Restriction Act, 1949
- Indian Evidence Act, 1872
- Limitation Act, 1963
- Indian Easements Act 1882
- Registration Act, 1908
- Indian Stamp Act, 1899
Punjab Judiciary Exam Syllabus for Civil Law-II
Check the below table to know the Syllabus for Civil Law-II for PPSC. Applicants are advised not to go with the deep knowledge of Law mentioned in the following points. The level questions will be based on the basic detail about the Law topics.
- Hindu Law
- Mohammedan Law
- Customary Law
- Law of Registration and Limitation
- Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
- Hindu Succession Act, 1956
Punjab Judiciary Syllabus for Criminal Law
In the following table, there are topics from which criminal law questions will be asked in the PPSC exam. Candidates can also download the Punjab Judiciary Exam 2022 Syllabus PDF from the link given in this article.
|Indian Evidence Act, 1872||Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005||Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881|
|Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973||Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act||Indian Penal Code, 1860|
|Criminal Rules of Practice||Indian Evidence Act, 1872||A.P. Excise Act, 1968|
PCS Judiciary Syllabus Punjab for General English
In the below table, the topics for General English were mentioned for the applicants who are preparing for the Punjab Public Service Commission.
|Fill in the blanks||Spotting Errors||Para Completion|
|Joining Sentences||Error Correction||Synonyms|
|Spelling Test||Substitution||Passage Completion|
|Idioms and Phrases||Antonyms||Active and Passive Voice|
|Sentence Arrangement||Sentence Pattern||Error Correction (Underlined Part)|
|Homophones||Suffix and Prefix||Tag Questions|
Punjab PCS Judiciary Syllabus for the Punjabi Language
It is compulsory for the students applying for the PPSC to know the Punjabi language as it is an important section of the PPSC Mains Syllabus of the Punjab Judiciary Exam.
Go to the table given down to know the topics asked in the Paper of the Punjabi in Gurmukhi Script.
|Origin of Punjabi language||Language and dialect|
|Punjab Morphology||Modern trends|
|Punjabi Grammer||Passage Writing|
Punjab Judiciary Exam Pattern
As per the official notification of the Punjab High Court, there are three levels of the exam. Check the following tables to understand the marking scheme of the various levels of PPSC with the help of the Punjab Judiciary Exam Pattern.
Punjab Judiciary Prelims Exam Pattern
- The Prelims Paper is qualified in nature, and questions will be asked in the form of objective type (MCQ).
- For each wrong answered question, applicants have to give a penalty of 1/5th marks from the correct answer.
- There is no deduction for any unanswered questions.
- The objective type questions for the Prelims Exam will be from the PCS Judiciary Syllabus Punjab prescribed for the Mains Written Exam.
- Look at the table to know the number of questions asked in each section of Prelims and the exam’s time duration.
|Name Of The Subject||No of Questions||Total Marks|
|Main Subjects of Law||125 (Four Marks for each Question)||500|
|Current Affairs||125 (Four Marks for each Question)||500|
|Indian Legal & Constitutional History and Governance||125 (Four Marks for each Question)||500|
|Reasoning||125 (Four Marks for each Question)||500|
|Aptitude||125 (Four Marks for each Question)||500|
|Time duration: 2 Hours||–||–|
Punjab Judiciary Mains Exam Pattern
- It is a descriptive type (Written Exam).
- The basic knowledge of the law will be observed in the exam. Applicants do not need to go for a deep study for the Law.
- A set of questions will be asked in which aspirants have to give the facts of a typical situation and ask the applicant to frame problems, write a judgment, and discuss the admissibility of testimony.
- The least qualifying scores in the language paper of Punjabi (Gurmukhi Script) will be (33%) thirty-three percent.
- In the following table, we have mentioned the marking scheme’s segregation based on the sections of the Mains Exam and the time duration.
|Papers||Subject Names||Number of Marks|
|Paper I||Civil Law||200|
|Paper III||Criminal Law||200|
|Paper IV||English Language||200|
|Paper V||Punjabi Language||150|
|Time Duration||Three Hours for Each Section||–|
Punjab Judiciary Preparation Tips
The applicants preparing for the PPSC Exam for the post of Civil Judge can check out the below points for the Punjab Judiciary Tips and Tricks that help the aspirant score well in the exam.
- Make a time table to start preparing for the exam based on the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Schedule the time for each section of the Prelims and Mains Exam of PPSC.
- Download the sample papers and previous year’s question papers from the internet.
- Practice as much as possible with the mock test series to understand the exam’s pattern and level.
- Set the time while practicing and try to speed up solving questions with accuracy.
- Make a slot for revision and doubt sessions. To avoid the mistakes and clear the doubts.
We have provided the Punjab Judicial Service Examination Exam Syllabus in the form of a pdf. Also, we have mentioned the direct link to download the Punjab Judicial Service Examination Pdf by using the below link free of cost.
Watch out for the latest updates that we share regularly on MySarkariNaukri. All the best for your exam..!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The mode of the exam is online. In the Prelims Exam, applicants need to choose one correct answer from the four options and mark it on the screen. Whereas, in the Mains Exam, aspirants have to write the exam with a keyboard’s help.
As the Mains Exam is a descriptive type exam, candidates will get three hours separately to complete each section of the PPSC Mains Exam. For the two language papers- General English and Punjabi Language, the limit is the same for these two sections.
Five subjects will be asked in the form of Multiple Choice Questions (Objective Type) for the Prelims Exam. The sections the questions will be asked in the Prelims Exam of PPSC are- Main Subject of Law, Current Affairs, Indian Legal & Constitutional History and Governance, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning.
- Punjab Judicial Service Examination Previous year papers
- Punjab Judicial Service Examination Admit Card
- Punjab Judicial Service Examination Results
- Punjab Judicial Service Examination Forms