Govt Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) Jobs 2022 - Sarkari Naukri
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority Recruitment for following posts:
List of active jobs at Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority. The other Related Jobs Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority Recruitment Notification
List of old jobs.
|Job Title / Posts||Last Date|
About Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority Recruitment
About Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
In India, insurance has a deep-rooted history. It finds mention in the writings of Manu ( Manusmrithi ), Yagnavalkya ( Dharmasastra ) and Kautilya ( Arthasastra ). The writings talk in terms of pooling of resources that could be re-distributed in times of calamities such as fire, floods, epidemics and famine. This was probably a pre-cursor to modern day insurance. Ancient Indian history has preserved the earliest traces of insurance in the form of marine trade loans and carriers’ contracts. Insurance in India has evolved over time heavily drawing from other countries, England in particular.
1818 saw the advent of life insurance business in India with the establishment of the Oriental Life Insurance Company in Calcutta. This Company however failed in 1834. In 1829, the Madras Equitable had begun transacting life insurance business in the Madras Presidency. 1870 saw the enactment of the British Insurance Act and in the last three decades of the nineteenth century, the Bombay Mutual (1871), Oriental (1874) and Empire of India (1897) were started in the Bombay Residency. This era, however, was dominated by foreign insurance offices which did good business in India, namely Albert Life Assurance, Royal Insurance, Liverpool and London Globe Insurance and the Indian offices were up for hard competition from the foreign companies.
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) is an autonomous body which regulates and develops the insurance industry in the country.
Its headquarters is located at Hyderabad, Telangana.
IRDAI role is to protect rights of policyholders & they provide registration certification to life insurance companies & responsible for renewal, modification, cancellation & suspension of this registered certificate.
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India recruitment offers great career opportunities for several posts such as Junior Officer - Technical, Junior Officer - IT, Junior Officer - Stenography, Assistant Director - Technical, Assistant Director - IT, Assistant Director - R & D, Assistant Director - Legal, Assistant Director - Stenography, Deputy Director - IT, Consultant, Insurance Professionals, Sr Joint Director/ Joint Director (IT), Deputy Director - IT, Deputy Director (Life), Deputy Director - Non Life, Deputy Director - Health, Assistant Director - Health, Deputy Director - General, Deputy Director (Actuarial), Assistant Director - Accounts.
Interested candidates can pursue courses in Graduate, CA/CFA /CS/ICWA /LLB /MCA /B.Tech (IT) /FIII, B. Tech in CS/ECE, Graduate with Fellow of Insurance Institute of India, Graduate and Associate of Institute of Actuaries of India, for a great career at Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India.
- DSSSB Invites Application for 710 PGT Teacher, EVGC Counselor Recruitment 2020
- Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) Invites Application for 400 Driver Recruitment 2020
- Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited (GSECL) Invites Application for 107 Vidyut Sahayak (Junior Engineer) Recruitment 2020
- Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited (GSECL) Invites Application for 69 Vidyut Sahayak (Junior Assistant) Recruitment 2020
- Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) Invites Application for 74 Civil Judge Recruitment 2020
- ILBS Invites Application for 305 Teaching, Non Teaching Positions
- Ministry of Defence Invites Application for Chowkidar and Various Posts
- Durgapur Steel Plant (DSP) Invites Application for 105 Attendant cum Technician and Various Posts
- Western Railway (WR) Invites Application for 14 Group-C, Group-D Recruitment 2020
- Bihar Agricultural University Invites Application for 13 Young Professional Recruitment 2020
- HSCC (India) Limited Invites Application for General Manager, Senior Manager Recruitment 2020
- Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL) Invites Application for 25 Medical Officer Recruitment 2020