National Institute of Ocean Technology Invites Application for Consultant Recruitment 2021
Vacancy Circular No:
National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT)
invites applications for recruitment of Consultant
The Director, National Institute of Ocean Technology, NIOT Campus, Velachery–Tambaram Main Road, Pallikaranai, Chennai-600 100
Pallikaranai,Chennai,600 100 Tamil Nadu
Number of Vacancy: 1 Posts
|NIOT Recruitment 2021||Details|
|Total Vacancy||1 Post|
|Age Limit||Should not have attained the age of 64 years as on closing date|
|Experience||5 - 15 years|
|Posted on||05 Oct, 2021|
|Last Date To Apply||12 Oct, 2021|
Educational Qualification: Retired Staff
In order to carry out the research and development activities of the projects, the Institute is looking for Consultants in various administrative fields on a purely temporary contract basis from the Officers who have retired or will retire by 30.09.2021 from Government / Autonomous Bodies / PSU for preparation of panel for engagement as consultant on Contract basis in the Office of NIOT as per the following terms and conditions:
ADVERTISEMENT No. NIOT/E&P/03/2021 (Consultants)
1. Name of the Post: Consultants
2. Eligibility: Should have retired from the post of Admin. Officer / Accounts Officer / Purchase Officer / Audit Officer in Level-10 of the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC or equivalent from Government / Autonomous Bodies / PSU. OR from the level of Under Secretary or equivalent i.e. from the post in Level-11 of the Pay Matrix as per 7 th CPC or equivalent from Government / Autonomous Bodies / PSU. OR from the level of Deputy Secretary or equivalent i.e. from the post in Level-12 of the Pay Matrix as per 7 th CPC or equivalent from Government / Autonomous Bodies / PSU.
a) Should have at least five years’ experience of handling Administration/ Accounts/ Stores & Purchase/Audit/ Management of Scientific Projects not below Level10 of Pay Matrix under Seventh CPC/PB-3 with GP 5400.
b) The expected roles of the consultant are as per the annexure
c) Should have working knowledge of computer application in the day to day functioning of office.
3. Remuneration Per Month: To be calculated by deducting the pension from the Basic Pay drawn at the time of retirement. OR A consolidated sum of Rs.60,000/- p.m. for those who are not covered under Govt. Pension Scheme. The Consultant shall also be entitled for Transport Allowance.
Age Limit: Should not have attained the age of 64 years as on closing date
The engagement will be purely on contract basis. Application received in response to this advertisement will be shortlisted on the basis of experience and qualification of applicants. Consultants will be selected from shortlisted candidates. NIOT reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, who fulfill the eligibility criteria, may submit their application in the prescribed proforma in sealed cover super-scribed “Application for engagement as Consultant on contract basis in NIOT” which should reach this office latest by 12th October, 2021 at the following address: The Director, National Institute of Ocean Technology, NIOT Campus, Velachery–Tambaram Main Road, Pallikaranai, Chennai-600 100
Published on: 05 October 2021
For more details, please refer to official notification at Download Official Notification
National Institute of Ocean Technology Recruitment for following posts:
About National Institute of Ocean Technology Recruitment
About National Institute of Ocean Technology
National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) was established in November 1993. NIOT headquarters is located in Chennai, TamilNadu. NIOT was established to develop reliable indigenous technology to solve the various engineering problems associated with harvesting of non-living and living resources in the Indian Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). National Institute of Ocean Technology functions with a mandate to develop application-oriented technology in the ocean (Coastal & Environmental) related areas. The main area of focus of NIOT is the utilization of the ocean resources to find alternative technologies for fresh water and renewable energy. Marine Sensor Systems group was established by NIOT to develop and demonstrate technologies for oceans. Since then the group has been concentrated in the development of a different type of underwater sensor systems apart from the electronic support given to the other groups in NIOT. In order to develop agriculture and tourism, and to study the natural marine resources of the island groups, the Island Development Authority (IDA) was established in the year of 1986. The Ocean Acoustics group was established with the aim to focus on research and development in underwater acoustics as most of the applications in the oceans rely on acoustics. The Ocean Electronics group was established with the objective to develop technologies for Ocean Observation Systems. Ocean Electronics group has to develop ocean observation systems and demonstrate for applications in the ocean. The group is involved in the development of Deep Ocean Bottom Pressure Recorder (DOPR) & surface buoy data logger for Tsunami Early Warning Systems, Autonomous Underwater Profiling Drifter (AUPD), Drifter and technologies for data communication using INSAT satellites. National Institute of Ocean Technology has been developing several offshore components for various programs like desalination, mining, data buoys etc. These include pipelines/risers, moorings in deep water for small buoys as well as large vessels. National Institute of Ocean Technology recruitment offers great career opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many vacancies are there?
There are 1 vacancies in total. Consultant: 1 Posts,
What is the Pay Scale for Consultant, Selection Procedure, How to Apply:?
The Payscale is as follows Consultant: INR Not Disclosed,
When can I can apply for Consultant, Selection Procedure, How to Apply: job at National Institute of Ocean Technology
You can go through the offical document provided, and follow the instructions to apply online. Always follow the dates mentioned in the official PDF.
Where will I be placed if selected?
The selected candidate will be placed in Pallikaranai, Chennai
When is the Last Date for applying for this job ?
The last date to apply for this job is 12th October, 2021
How can I apply for this job?
Complete information regarding this job is given on this page. Link to official document is also provided. The candidates are adivsed to go through it thorouly before Apply Online. If the job interests you and you are eligible for Consultant, Selection Procedure, How to Apply:, then click on the apply online link given below. You can apply online. Remember the last date to apply for this job is 12th October, 2021
- ESIC Hospital Bareilly Invites Application for Senior Resident Recruitment 2021
- Water Resources Department Goa Invites Application for 190 Multi Tasking Staff Recruitment 2021
- AIIMS Delhi Invites Application for DEO Recruitment 2021
- Central Bank of India (CBI) Invites Application for Office Assistant Recruitment 2021
- Visva Bharati Santiniketan Invites Application for Chief Security Officer Recruitment 2021
- Visva Bharati Santiniketan Invites Application for Internal Audit Officer Recruitment 2021
- Central Bank of India Invites Application for Faculty Recruitment 2021
- DFCCIL Invites Application for Deputy Chief Project Manager / Project Manager Recruitment 2021
- AIIMS Invites Application for Nursing Officer Recruitment Common Eligibility Test A 2021
- ESIC Super Speciality Hospital Kollam Invites Application for 11 Specialists Recruitment 2021
- IIIT Pune Invites Application for Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University) Invites Application for Project Assistant Recruitment 2021