National Institute of Disaster Management Invites Application for Executive Director Recruitment 2021
Vacancy Circular No:
National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM)
invites applications for recruitment of Executive Director
Under Secretary (DM-ll), Disaster Management Division, 3rd Floor, NDCC II Tower, Jai Singh Road, New Delhi-110001
(Ministry of Home Affairs Government of )
5B IIPA Campus
Mahatma Gandhi Marg 110002 , New Delhi, Delhi
Number of Vacancy: 1 Posts
|NIDM Recruitment 2021 Recruitment 2021||Details|
|Job Role||Executive Director|
|Total Vacancy||1 Post|
|Job Locations||New Delhi|
|Age Limit||The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation (including Short Term Contract) shall be 56 years as on the 1st July 2021.|
|Experience||18 - 20 years|
|Posted on||12 Oct, 2021|
|Last Date To Apply||05 Nov, 2021|
Educational Qualification: Any Masters Degree
Subject: Applications invited for the post of Executive Director, National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM)- reg
i. The post of ED, NIDM will be vacant on occasion of superannuation of present incumbent in January, 2022. Therefore, the post of ED, NIDM is proposed to be filled up on regular basis on deputation
ii. Accordingly, applications from eligible persons are invited for the post of Executive Director in National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM), an Institute constituted under Disaster Management Act, 2005 on deputation (including short term contract) basis in the pre-revised scale of pay Rs. 37,400-67,000 plus Grade Pay of Rs. 10,000/- ( Level 14 as per pay matrix of 7thCPC)
1. Post Name: Executive Director
2. Job requirements:
i. National Institute of Disaster Management vide Section 42(8) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, is responsible for planning and promoting training and research in the area of disaster management, documentation and development of national level information base relating to disaster management policies, prevention mechanisms and mitigation measures.
ii. The Executive Director is responsible for implementation of the decisions of the institute, its governing body and the broad policies and guidelines of the National Disaster Management Authority and to perform such other functions as may be assigned by the Central Government.
iii. He/She shall be in charge of the administration of the institute and functions as Head of the Department.
3. Eligibility: From amongst officers of the Central Government or the State Governments or Union Territories or Statutory or Autonomous bodies or Universities or Institutes fully funded by the Central Government or State Government -
(a) Holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre or department; and
(b) Possessing the following educational qualifications and experience except in the case of candidates from All India Services
(i) Eighteen years administrative and academic experience in the Central Government or the State Governments or Union territories or Statutory or Autonomous bodies or Universities or Institutes fully funded by the Central Government or State Government with at least five years of holding an administrative/statutory or managerial position.
(ii) Master's Degree in any subject.
(iii) Knowledge and experience of not less than five years in fields related to disaster management.
5. Desirable : Ph.D or M.Phil. in any subject related to disaster management.
6. Note 1:
Period of deputation shall ordinarily be for five years extendable upto seven years. However, the period of deputation including period of deputation in another excadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization or department of the Central Government shall not exceed seven years
Age Limit: The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation (including Short Term Contract) shall be 56 years as on the 1st July 2021.
Selection will be based on regular basis on deputation
How to Apply:
1. Application along with above mentioned documents in the prescribed proforma for the above posts may be forwarded through proper channel to Under Secretary (DM-ll), Disaster Management Division, 3rd Floor, NDCC II Tower, Jai Singh Road, New Delhi-110001 latest by 05.11.2021.
2. Applicants may send an advance copy to the above address/ email at email@example.com.
3. Eligible persons may submit their applications through proper channel accompanied by the vigilance clearance and photocopies of ACRs for last 5 years duly attested by the officer not below the rank of Under Secretary to the Government of India or equivalent.
4. It may also be confirmed that in the event of selection for appointment, the officer concerned will be relieved of his duties immediately. Officer once selected will not be allowed to withdraw his/her name
5. Applications which are not correctly filled in or not accompanied with the details as explained above will not be entertained and summarily rejected without further correspondence.
Published on: 12 October 2021
For more details, please refer to official notification at Download Official Notification
National Institute of Disaster Management Recruitment for following posts:
About National Institute of Disaster Management Recruitment
About National Institute of Disaster Management
National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) is an initiative by Ministry of Home Affairs to train and to run capacity development programs to takle natural disasters in India. NIDM also serves as international SAARC Disaster Management Centre (SDMC) and works as focus for its operation and planning.
NIDM provides technical support to the state governments through the Disaster Management Centres (DMCs) in the Administrative Training Institutes (ATIs) of the States and Union Territories. Presently NIDM is supporting 30 such centres. Six of these centres are being developed as Centres of Excellence in the specialised areas of flood risk management, earthquake risk management, cyclone risk management, drought risk management, landslides risk management and management of industrial disasters. Eleven larger states (Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Gujarat, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and Odisha) have been provided with additional centres to cater their needs in this area.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF DISASTER MANAGEMENT,
(Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India),
5-B, IIPA Campus, IP Estate, Mahatma Gandhi Marg,
New Delhi - 110 002 (INDIA)
Tel. - 011-2370 2432, 2370 5583, 2376 6146
TeleFax - 011-2370 2442, 2370 2446
Website : http://www.nidm.gov.in
National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) is an institute for managing natural disasters in India. National Institute of Disaster management recruitment offers great career opportunities for several posts such as Specialist (Capacity Building), Consultant, Research Officer, Project Associate, Project Assistant. Interested candidates can pursue courses in Post Graduate in Social Sciences / Disaster Management, Graduate/Post Graduate degree in Computer Science/Applications/IT, Masters Degree in Disaster Management, Post Graduate in Economics/Statistics/MBA Finance/Disaster Management, Post Graduate in Social Science/ Social works/ Disaster Management/ Development Studies / Economics/ Statistics, Graduate With Science / Social Science / Commerce / Economics / Statistics, for a great career at National Institute of Disaster Management.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many vacancies are there?
There are 1 vacancies in total. Executive Director: 1 Posts,
What is the Pay Scale for Executive Director, Selection Procedure, How to Apply:?
The Payscale is as follows Executive Director: INR Not Disclosed,
When can I can apply for Executive Director, Selection Procedure, How to Apply: job at National Institute of Disaster Management
You can go through the offical document provided, and follow the instructions to apply online. Always follow the dates mentioned in the official PDF.
Where will I be placed if selected?
The selected candidate will be placed in (Ministry of Home Affairs Government of ) 5B IIPA Campus IP Estate Mahatma Gandhi Marg 110002 , New Delhi
When is the Last Date for applying for this job ?
The last date to apply for this job is 5th November, 2021
How can I apply for this job?
Complete information regarding this job is given on this page. Link to official document is also provided. The candidates are adivsed to go through it thorouly before Apply Online. If the job interests you and you are eligible for Executive Director, Selection Procedure, How to Apply:, then click on the apply online link given below. You can apply online. Remember the last date to apply for this job is 5th November, 2021
- Collector Office Sukma Invites Application for 207 Assistant Grade (III) Recruitment 2021
- National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute Invites Application for Research Associate I Recruitment 2021
- Goa Tourism Development Corporation Limited Invites Application for Manager Marketing Recruitment 2021
- Goa Tourism Development Corporation Limited Invites Application for Receptionist Recruitment 2021
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Invites Application for Technical-cum-Lab Assistant Recruitment 2021
- National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute Invites Application for Senior Research Fellow Recruitment 2021
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Invites Application for Laboratory Assistant Recruitment 2021
- Goa Tourism Development Corporation Limited Invites Application for Junior Steno Recruitment 2021
- University of Delhi Invites Application for Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology Invites Application for Junior Research Fellow Recruitment 2021
- North Eastern Hill University Invites Application for Guest Lecturer Recruitment 2021
- North Eastern Hill University Invites Application for Guest Lecturer Recruitment 2021