National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research (NCPOR) Invites Application for Director Recruitment 2021
National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research (NCPOR)
invites applications for recruitment of Director
Under Secretary (Estt.), Ministry of Earth Sciences, Prithvi Bhavan, Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003
Vasco Da Gama, South Goa, 403804 Goa
Number of Vacancy: 1 Posts
|NCPOR Vacancy 2021 Recruitment 2021||Details|
|Total Vacancy||1 Post|
|Job Locations||Vasco Da Gama|
|Experience||21 - 25 years|
|Salary||182200 - 224100(Per Month)|
|Posted on||29 Sep, 2021|
|Last Date To Apply||15 Oct, 2021|
Subject: Filling up the post of Director, National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research(NCPOR), Goaondeputation (including short-term contract)/absorption failing which by Direct Recruitment (ontenure) basis.
i. The MoES invites applications for the post of Director, National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research(NCPOR), Goa in the Pay Level 15 of Pay Matrix (Rs. 182200-224100), an Autonomous Body underthe Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Govt. of India, established in 1998 registered under The Societies Registration Act.
1. Post Name: Director
2. The main aim and objectives of NCPOR, Goa are as under:-
i. Committed to excellence in planning, promotion, co-ordination and execution of the entire gamut of polar and Southern Ocean scientific research and related logistic activities;
ii. For continual improvement we shall ensure a perceptible and influential presence of India in Antarctica, Arctic and the ocean realm through Scientific Expeditions, knowledge sharing and Research Publications; and
iii. To plan, promote, co-ordinate and execute the entire gamut of polar science and logistics activities of the country in order to ensure a perceptible and influential presence of India in the Polar Regions and to uphold our strategic interest in the global framework of Nations engaged in the studies of the Polar Regions and surrounding Oceans.
(i) Ph.D in Natural Science or Engineering/Technology with either Master's degree in Natural Science or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/ Technology from a recognized university/ lnstitute
(ii) 21 years' experience - in research and development in relevant field such asOcean Science/ Oceanography/ Marine Sciences/ Polar Science/ Cryosphere as evidenced by research papers/ reports/patents
4. Desirable: Post-doctoral research experience in the relevant field
5. Job Description:
The Director, who is the Chief Executive Officer of the institute, is responsible for formulation, development and implementation of various technology mission modeprogrammes and other technical support activities implemented by NCPOR. He / She is also responsible for formulation of planning, administration and functioning of the Centre as well as the execution of the in-house R&D activities.
Educational Qualification: B.Tech/B.E, M.Sc, M.Phil/Ph.D
182200 - 224100(Per Month)
Age Limit: As Per Rules
Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
How to Apply:
1. Persons interested in this post are requested to send their application in the pro- forma at.
2. The application complete in all respects should be addressed to the Under Secretary (Estt.), Ministry of Earth Sciences, Prithvi Bhavan, Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003 and should reach within 6 weeks (42 days) (60 days for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland,
ii. Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of Jammu and Kashmir State, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep) from the publication of the advertisement in Employment News.
3. MoES may also invite nominations from the leading scientists/experts, scientific departments/ organizations for consideration for the post.
5. Last Date to Apply 15.10.2021 (for urban areas) & 02.11.2021 (for remote areas)
1. The Ministry reserves the right to cancel the recruitment without assigning any reason.
2. The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
3. If the number of applications received in response to advertisement is large, it shall not be convenient/possible for the Assessment Board to interview all the candidates.
4. The Ministry reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of desirable qualifications and/or experience.
5. No correspondence shall be entertained with candidates who are not called for interview/selected for appointment.
6. Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification of candidature.
7. Experience will be counted after completion of essential academic qualifications.
Published on: 29 September 2021
For more details, please refer to official notification at Download Official Notification
National Centre for Antarctic & Ocean Research Recruitment for following posts:
About National Centre for Antarctic & Ocean Research Recruitment
About National Centre for Antarctic & Ocean Research
India began its National Antarctic Program under Department of Ocean Development (DOD) of the Government of India in 1981. A Centre dedicated to Antarctic Expeditions, named as ‘Antarctic Study Centre (ASC)’ was established at Goa in 1988. The ASC was subsequently upgraded into an autonomous institute National Centre for Antarctic & Ocean Research (NCAOR).
The main goals of the NCAOR are to plan, promote and execute the entire gamut of polar sciences and logistic activities of India in Antarctica, the Arctic and in the Southern Ocean. NCAOR is also responsible for the construction of new research stations and maintenance of existing stations in Polar Regions.
National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research also manages India’s flagged Oceanographic Research Vessel Sagar Kanya. It also charters different research vessels from local and international operators for its multifarious oceanographic research in coastal, tropical and Southern oceans. nacor gov in is the official website of National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research. NCAOR Director is the head and looks into all the matters of the department. Candidates look for www.ncaor.gov.in careers since the job is adventurous and there are ample opportunities and good pay scale.
National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research (NCAOR) recruitment offers great career opportunities for several posts such as Junior Research Fellow (JRF), Shipboard Assistant.
Interested candidates can pursue courses in Master's Degree in Environmental / Biological/Chemistry/Marine Science, B.Sc. in any branch of Science or Diploma in Engineering.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many vacancies are there?
There are 1 vacancies in total. Director: 1 Posts,
What is the Pay Scale for Director, Selection Procedure, How to Apply:, Important Instructions:?
The Payscale is as follows Director: INR 182200 - 224100(Per Month),
When can I can apply for Director, Selection Procedure, How to Apply:, Important Instructions: job at National Centre for Antarctic & Ocean Research
You can go through the offical document provided, and follow the instructions to apply online. Always follow the dates mentioned in the official PDF.
Where will I be placed if selected?
The selected candidate will be placed in Vasco Da Gama, South Goa
When is the Last Date for applying for this job ?
The last date to apply for this job is 15th October, 2021
How can I apply for this job?
Complete information regarding this job is given on this page. Link to official document is also provided. The candidates are adivsed to go through it thorouly before Apply Online. If the job interests you and you are eligible for Director, Selection Procedure, How to Apply:, Important Instructions:, then click on the apply online link given below. You can apply online. Remember the last date to apply for this job is 15th October, 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Lower Division Clerk Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Band Master Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Horse Riding Instructor Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Medical Officer Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for 5 Ward Boys Recruitment 2021
- Sainik School Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Art Master Recruitment 2021
- National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO) Invites Application for 6 HEMM Operator Recruitment 2021
- Department of Revenue New Delhi Invites Application for Administrative Officer Recruitment 2021
- Jesus & Mary College Invites Application for College Librarian Recruitment 2021
- UGC DAE Consortium for Scientific Research (UGC DAE CSR) Invites Application for Assistant Recruitment 2021
- UGC DAE Consortium for Scientific Research (UGC DAE CSR) Invites Application for Steno-Typist Recruitment 2021
- UGC DAE Consortium for Scientific Research (UGC DAE CSR) Invites Application for Personal Assistant Recruitment 2021