Indian Army Invites Application for 189 Short Service Commission (Tech) Entry Recruitment 2021
Vacancy Circular No:
invites applications for recruitment of Short Service Commission (Tech) Entry
Short Service Commission (Tech) Entry
-, Chennai, - Tamil Nadu
Number of Vacancy: 189 Posts
|Indian Army Recruitment 2021||Details|
|Job Role||Short Service Commission (Tech) Entry|
|Education Requirement||Any Graduate,B.Tech/B.E|
|Total Vacancy||189 Posts|
|Age Limit||For SSC(Tech) and SSCW(Tech): 20 to 27 years, For widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness Only: - A maximum of 35 years of age as on 01 Apr 2022.|
|Posted on||29 Sep, 2021|
|Last Date To Apply||27 Oct, 2021|
Applications are invited from eligible unmarried Male and unmarried Female Engineering Graduates and also from Widows of Defence Personnel who died in harness for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army. Course will commence in Apr 2022 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
1. Post Name: Short Service Commission (Tech) Entry
2. No of Post: 189
i. Candidates must note that only the Engineering streams and their acceptable equivalent streams, strictly as notified in the table below, will be accepted.
ii. Candidates with degrees in any other engineering stream(s) are not eligible to apply. Any variation between the nomenclature of Engineering stream as given on the degree parchment / marksheet and that submitted by the candidate in his online application will result in cancellation of candidature.
(a) For SSC(Tech)-58 Men.
(b) For SSCW(Tech)-29.
(c) For Widows of Defence Personnel Only
4. Educational Qualification for Widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness
(i) SSCW (Non Tech) (Non UPSC): Graduation in any Discipline.
(ii) SSCW (Tech): B.E. / B. Tech in any Engineering stream.
Educational Qualification: Any Graduate, B.Tech/B.E
Age Limit: For SSC(Tech) and SSCW(Tech): 20 to 27 years, For widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness Only: - A maximum of 35 years of age as on 01 Apr 2022.
(a) Short listing of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each Engineering discipline/stream without assigning any reason. The cut off will be applied in each stream on the cumulative percentage of marks obtained by the candidates upto the final semester/year. Final semester/year studying candidates will be provisionally allowed to appear in SSB; subject to following conditions:-
(i) Their cumulative percentage of marks upto 6th semester/3rd year of Engg degree, upto 8th semester/4th year of B. Architecture (B.Arch) and upto 2nd semester/1st year of M.Sc in notified equivalent stream/ discipline is not below the approved cut off percentage in their respective streams.
(ii) After declaration of final results, the cumulative percentage of marks upto final semester/ year of degree course will also be not less than the approved cut off percentage, failing which the candidature will be cancelled.
(b) Centre Allotment. After shortlisting of applications, the centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to login to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first serve basis initially.
i. Thereafter, it will be allotted by the Selection Centres. The option to select the dates for SSB by candidates may be forfeited due to occurrence of any exceptional circumstance/events.
(c) Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cut off percentage will be interviewed at one of the Selection Centres viz. Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bengaluru (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer.
i. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centres through candidate’s registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, IHQ of MoD (Army) and NO request for changes will be entertained in this regard.
(d) Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage-1 will go to Stage-2. Those who fail in Stage-1 will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days, and details of the same are available on official website of Directorate General of Recruiting ie. www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage-2.
(e) Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued Joining Letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
(f) Medical Examination. Please visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in for Medical Standards and Procedures of Medical Examination for Officers Entry into Army as applicable.
(g) Merit List. It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the SSB Interview does not confirm final selection. Merit list will be prepared engineering stream/subject wise on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate at SSB interview. In case equal SSB marks are obtained by more than one candidate, the older candidate(s) in age will be ranked higher in the merit.
i. In case both SSB marks and age of more than one candidate are same, the candidate(s) with higher percentage of marks in qualifying examination will be placed higher in the merit. Higher educational qualifications, previous performances, etc have no role to play.
ii. Those in the merit list and who come within the stipulated stream wise vacancies, and are medically fit will be issued joining letters for precommissioning training at Officers Training Academy (OTA) subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
How to Apply:
1. Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
2. Click on ‘Officer Entry Appln/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registration is not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
3. Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page ‘Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open.
4. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission Technical Course. A page ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments - Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB.
5. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
6. Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details, click on ‘Submit’.
7. Candidates must click on ‘Submit’ each time they open the application for editing any details.
8. The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day.
9. Online Application Will Open On 28 Sep 2021 At 1500 Hrs And Will Be Closed On 27 Oct 2021 At 1500 Hrs
Published on: 29 September 2021
For more details, please refer to official notification at Download Official Notification
The Indian Army Recruitment for following posts:
About The Indian Army Recruitment
About The Indian Army
The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army, and its professional head is the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), who is a four-star general. Two officers have been conferred with the rank of field marshal, a five-star rank, which is a ceremonial position of great honour. The Indian Army originated from the armies of the East India Company, which eventually became the British Indian Army, and the armies of the princely states, which were merged into the national army after independence. The units and regiments of the Indian Army have diverse histories and have participated in a number of battles and campaigns around the world, earning many battle and theatre honours before and after Independence.
The Indian Army is the largest component of Indian Armed Forces. The mission of the Indian Army is to ensure national security and unity, defend the nation from external aggression and threats, and maintain peace and security within Indian borders. The Indian Army also conducts humanitarian rescue operations during natural calamities and other disturbances. It is a major component of national power alongside the Indian Navy and the Indian Air Force. The Indian Army recruitment offers great career opportunities for several posts such as Junior Commissioned Officer, Group X and Y, Short Service Commission Officer, SSC Officer Dental Corps, SSC Officer Law Graduate, TGC Army Education Corps, Religious Teachers. Interested candidates can pursue courses in graduation in any discipline + qualified Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi or qualified as Maulvi Alim in Urdu / Adam Alim in Urdu, B.A, B.Ed/B.Sc, B.Ed/BCA/B.Sc (IT), B.Ed/ M.A / M.Sc /MCA, BDS/MDS, LLB Degree, for a great career at The Indian Armed Forces.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many vacancies are there?
There are 189 vacancies in total. Short Service Commission (Tech) Entry: 189 Posts,
What is the Pay Scale for Short Service Commission (Tech) Entry, Selection Procedure, How to Apply:?
The Payscale is as follows Short Service Commission (Tech) Entry: INR Not Disclosed,
When can I can apply for Short Service Commission (Tech) Entry, Selection Procedure, How to Apply: job at The Indian Army
You can go through the offical document provided, and follow the instructions to apply online. Always follow the dates mentioned in the official PDF.
Where will I be placed if selected?
The selected candidate will be placed in -, Chennai
When is the Last Date for applying for this job ?
The last date to apply for this job is 27th October, 2021
How can I apply for this job?
Complete information regarding this job is given on this page. Link to official document is also provided. The candidates are adivsed to go through it thorouly before Apply Online. If the job interests you and you are eligible for Short Service Commission (Tech) Entry, Selection Procedure, How to Apply:, then click on the apply online link given below. You can apply online. Remember the last date to apply for this job is 27th October, 2021
- Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Ltd Invites Application for Safety Officer Recruitment 2021
- Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Ltd (FACT) Invites Application for 4 Engineer Recruitment 2021
- District Court Palwal Invites Application for Stenographer Recruitment 2021
- Directorate of Fire & Emergency Services Invites Application for Junior Stenographer Recruitment 2021
- DFES Goa Invites Application for 201 Lower Division Clerk, Fire Fighter, More Vacancies
- IIT Jammu Invites Application for Associate Recruitment 2021
- State Forest Research Institute Invites Application for Computer Operator Recruitment 2021
- IPHB Invites Application for 55 Psychiatric Patient Caretaker Recruitment 2021
- State Forest Research Institute Invites Application for Field Assistant-I Recruitment 2021
- State Forest Research Institute Invites Application for Research Associate-I Recruitment 2021
- State Forest Research Institute Invites Application for Junior Research Fellow Recruitment 2021
- ESI-PGIMSR & ESIC Medical College Joka Invites Application for Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021