Drugs Control Department Karnataka Recruitment 2023 - Sarkari Naukri
Drugs Control Department Recruitment for following posts:
List of active jobs at Drugs Control Department. The other Related Jobs Drugs Control Department Recruitment Notification
List of old jobs.
|Job Title / Posts||Last Date|
About Drugs Control Department Recruitment
About Drugs Control Department
There may not be any need of a drug for a healthy person in normal life. But in illness, accidents, epidemics and natural disasters drugs are urgently required to combat the disease and it is there that drug fights death. Drug is therefore the greatest weapon of mankind to fight Disease and Death. It is at this very point of death that the specific drug of highest quality, purity and safety has to win the battle for life. Therefore, one cannot compromise for anything less. Hence the need for Drugs Control Administration, to supervise the quality and affordable price of drugs used by consumer.
This Committee also known as the "Chopra Committee" recommended among others, to make Central Legislation to Control drugs. As a result of this Committee’s report, the Government of India passed the “Drugs Act” in 1940 to regulate the import, manufacture, distribution and sale of drugs. The Drugs Act received the ascent of the Governor General on 10th April 1940. The Drugs Rules were framed during 1945 to give effect to the provisions of the Act.
When the Drugs Act was enacted in 1940, Cosmetics were not included under this statute. Reports started appearing in the press that due to the absence of control measures, unscrupulous manufacturers were making attractive cosmetics like lipsticks with harmful textile colors, creams and powders etc. using toxic raw materials. Hospitals started reporting cases of obstinate skin disorders due to use of these harmful cosmetics. Hence in the year 1962, cosmetics were brought under the purview of enforcement and then onwards the Act has been titled as “The Drugs and Cosmetics Act”.
- THSTI Invites Application for 7 Principal Scientist-I, Research Scientist, More Vacancies Recruitment 2023
- Central University of Rajasthan (CURAJ) Invites Application for Junior Research Fellow or Project Associate-I Recruitment 2023
- National Institute of Nutrition Invites Application for 16 Field worker, Senior Research Fellow, More Vacancies Recruitment 2023
- National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) Invites Application for 13 Field Worker, Technical Assistant, More Vacancies Recruitment 2023
- NIMHANS Invites Application for Data Entry Operator, Graphic Designer, More Vacancies Recruitment 2023
- NIMHANS Invites Application for 7 Site Manager, Field Worker, More Vacancies Recruitment 2023
- Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) Invites Application for 11 District Defence Services Welfare Officer Recruitment 2023
- Assam Gas Company Limited (AGCL) Invites Application for 16 Senior Manager, Manager, More Vacancies Recruitment 2023
- Tata Memorial Centre Invites Application for 8 Senior Resident, Medical Officer Recruitment 2023
- Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU) Invites Application for Young Professional-I Recruitment 2023
- Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd (SJVN) Invites Application for 50 Field Engineer Recruitment 2023
- Tata Memorial Centre (TMC) Invites Application for 4 Senior Resident Recruitment 2023