Showing 1 to 15 Total: 243
National Centre for Coastal Research (NCCR) Invites Application for 81 Project Scientist and Various Posts
CIMFR Invites Application for 75 Project Assistant, Project Associate Recruitment 2021
Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) Invites Application for 34 LDC, UDC and Various Posts
Sikkim University Invites Application for 6 RA, Junior Research Fellow Recruitment 2021
Geological Survey of India Kolkata Invites Application for Additional Director General Recruitment 2021
Anna University Invites Application for Technical Assistant, Project Assistant Recruitment 2021
North Eastern Council (NEC) Invites Application for Director, Adviser Recruitment 2021
North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC) Invites Application for Scientist / Engineer Recruitment 2021
CIMFR Invites Application for 3 Project Associate-II Recruitment 2021
Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) Invites Application for Junior Research Fellow Recruitment 2021
National Institute Of Oceanography (NIO) Invites Application for Project Associate, Project Assistant Recruitment 2021
Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL) Invites Application for Consultant Recruitment 2021
NCESS Invites Application for 51 Technician, Field Assistant and Various Posts
CIMFR Invites Application for 7 Project Assistant, Project Associate Recruitment 2021
Punjab Remote Sensing Centre Invites Application for 3 Junior Research Fellow Recruitment 2021
Geology is the study of solid Earth and the processes by which they change. Geology plays a vital role in the geotechnical engineering. Several universities and colleges that offer bachelor, master and doctorate degree courses in Geology. There are ample job opportunities for Geology degree holders in the fields like teaching, research and organizational work. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the examination for the post of the geologist (junior) in Geological Survey of India (GSI), Ministry of Mines, Government of India. ONGC conducts exams for executive trainee (Geology). Atomic Mineral Development Corporation (AMDC) also recruits scientific officer (geology). The research organization like National Geophysical Research Institute, Space Applications Centre, National Remote Sensing Centre, National Institute of Oceanography recruits scientist for research activities in the field of Geology. Besides central government, all state government have departments like groundwater department, department of mines and geology, space applications centers and disaster management centers which require geologist for geological / hydrogeological works.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the job opportunities for a geologist?
There are many careers available to geologists in fields including environmental geology and geoscience, pollution control, glacial geology, geological surveying, water supplies, engineering geology, ground investigation, geochemistry, volcanology, field seismology and geotechnical engineering.
What are the jobs after BSC geology?
Jobs where your degree would be useful include: Drilling engineer, Environmental consultant, Environmental engineer, Minerals surveyor, Quarry manager, Sustainability consultant etc.
Does geology have scope?
Geology Career Scope. A geologist has an important role to play when it comes to discussing and planning the future of our valuable mineral resources. In India, the UPSC conducts tests for placements in Central Government Agencies like the Geological Survey of India and the Central Ground water Board.
Is BSC Geology difficult?
Geology can be a challenging major. However, the challenge is not that geology is â€œhardâ€ per se, but because geology is related to so many other sciences. If you like science, that is a good thing. If you have an aversion to the other sciences, this aversion makes geology a harder major for you.
What are the highest paying geology jobs?
Underground miners earn annual salaries as high as $150,000. Geologists are the fourth highest paid employees in the mining industry. Metallurgist job ranks fifth among the highest paid mining jobs. Geophysicists are paid up to $190,000 per year. Surveyors earn between $55,000 and $165,000 per year.
Which is better zoology or geology?
Zoology is a vital field in biology, while geology is the scientific study of solid Earth and its vital components.
What is the qualification of geologist?
To become a Geologist, the student must has completed their 10+2 examination from any stream & pursues a bachelor's degree from any university. After passing the bachelor degree, students can pursue the master degree.
MySarkariNaukri.com is the best website to look for Geology government jobs or sarkari naukri for Geology. Get full details of Geology jobs such as eligibility criteria, number of posts, qualifications required, application process, Geology Jobs Recruitment process and lots more. Browse all 2021 Geology Government Jobs in India
Checkout the recent employment oppurtunities for Geology in Government Sector. We have the latest jobs for Geology in India. We are the first to announce any recruitment for Geology as soon as it is announced.
Start your job search for Geology today - for FREE!
Register now, and keep informed about all the government jobs for Geology for FREE. You can also get Geology Government Job alerts through Mobile.
- Vector Control Research Centre (VCRC) Invites Application for Project Technician-II Recruitment 2021
- GGSIPU Invites Application for Director In-Charge Recruitment 2021
- Kochi Metro Rail Ltd (KMRL) Invites Application for Director Recruitment 2021
- NCCBM Hyderabad Invites Application for Accounts Executive Recruitment 2021
- RMRC Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Technician and Various Posts
- RMRC Bhubaneswar Invites Application for Programme Manager and Various Posts
- National Institute for Smart Government (NISG) Invites Application for Business Process Expert Recruitment 2021
- National Institute for Smart Government (NISG) Invites Application for Assistant Manager Recruitment 2021
- NISG Hyderabad Invites Application for Business Modelling Specialist Recruitment 2021
- National Institute for Smart Government (NISG) Invites Application for Manager Recruitment 2021
- RGCB Invites Application for Junior Research Fellow Recruitment 2021
- Rajiv Gandhi Centre Biotechnology (RGCB) Invites Application for Senior Research Fellow Recruitment 2021
- Central Institute of Mining and Fuel Research
- Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeobotany
- Geological Survey of India (GSI)
- North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC)
- National Centre for Earth Science Studies
- G.B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment and Development
- National Geophysical Research Institute
- National Disaster Management Authority
- Union Public Service Commission
- Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology
- National Institute Of Oceanography
- Indian Bureau of Mines
- Public Service Commission Uttar Pradesh
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)
- Engineers India Limited
- National Centre for Antarctic & Ocean Research
- Jharkhand Space Application Center
- Acharya N.G.Ranga Agricultural University
- Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd (SJVN)
- Bihar Public Service Commission
- Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University
- Oil India
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
- National Environmental Engineering Research Institute
- Punjab Remote Sensing Centre (PRSC)
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER Kolkata)
- Odisha Public Service Commission
- NTPC Limited
- Indian School Of Mines
- FCI Aravali Gypsum & Minerals India Ltd
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- University of Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University
- Archaeological Survey of India
- Mohanlal Sukhadia University
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
- Uttarakhand Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited
- Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission
- Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE)
- Department of Forests and Wild Life
- Indian Institute of Geomagnetism
- National Institute of Ocean Technology
- Central Water Commission
- Manganese Ore (India) Limited (moil)
- Central Ground Water Board
- Institute of Seismological Research
- National Institute of Rock Mechanics
- Anna University
- Periyar University
- Indian Oil Corporation
- Rajiv Gandhi University
- Indian Institute of Forest Management
- Bengal Engineering And Science University
- Alagappa University
- Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala (IIITM-K)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Mohali)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune (IISER)
- National Bureau of Soil Survey and Land Use Planning (NBSS&LUP)
- Central University of Jammu
- Agriculture Insurance Company of India Limited
- Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute (AMPRI)
- Madhya Pradesh Agency for Promotion of Information Technology
- Nagaland Public Service Commission
- Ircon International Ltd.
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute
- Union Territory of Lakshadweep
- Pondicherry University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- National Highways Authority of India
- Visvesvaraya Industrial & Technological Museum
- Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration & Research
- Assam Science Technology and Environment Council (ASTEC)
- National Institute of Technology Delhi
- Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC)
- Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology
- Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture
- Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUST)
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Kiocl Limited
- Ministry Of Defence
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- North Eastern council Secretariat
- Punjab Public Service Commission
- University of Jammu
- National Institute of Technology Durgapur
- Bihar Police
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute
- Assam University
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University
- Cabinet Secretariat
- Tripura Public Service Commission
- Ministry of Science & Technology
- Tamil Nadu Forest Department
- Assam Public Service Commission