Madras High Court Recruitment 2021 for 55 Member
Vacancy Circular No:
Madras High Court
invites applications for recruitment of Member
Thiru. P. Dhanabal
Registrar General Madras High Court, Chennai, 600104 Tamil Nadu
Number of Vacancy: 55 Posts
|Madras High Court Announced Job Notification For Member Vacancies - Apply Soon Recruitment 2021||Details|
|Total Vacancy||55 Posts|
|Age Limit||Age:- (as on 01.07.2021) A Candidate (applying for the post of Member) must have attained the age of 35 years.|
|Experience||15 - 20 years|
|Posted on||22 Dec, 2021|
|Last Date To Apply||29 Dec, 2021|
Educational Qualification: Any Bachelors Degree
Applications are invited ONLY THROUGH ONLINE MODE (https://www.mhc.tn.gov.in) from Indian Citizens, in the prescribed format, from qualified and eligible candidates for filling up of the following posts sanctioned to the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission in the State of Tamil Nadu:
NOTIFICATION No.03 / 2021
1. Name of Post: Member
2. No of Post: 55
3. Salary: As per Rule 3 of the Tamil Nadu Consumer Protection (Salary, Allowances and Conditions of Service of President and Members of the State Commission and District Commission) Rules, 2021.
4. Minimum Eligibility :
(a) The candidate applying for the post/s notified above, must necessarily know to read, write and speak Tamil.
(b) Member:- The candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University and is a person of ability, integrity and standing, and having special knowledge and professional experience of not less than fifteen years in consumer affairs, law, public affairs, administration, economics, commerce, industry, finance, management, engineering, technology, public health or medicine.
5. Term of Office:- The selected President / Member of the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission in the State of Tamil Nadu shall hold office for a term of four years or upto the age of sixty five years, whichever is earlier and shall be eligible for reappointment for another term of four years subject to the age limit of sixty five years, and such reappointment is made on the basis of the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
Age Limit: Age:- (as on 01.07.2021) A Candidate (applying for the post of Member) must have attained the age of 35 years.
The selection of candidates will be based on:
(a) Written Examination (75 marks): The written Examination consists of 75 multiple choice objective type questions. The question papers will be in bi-lingual i.e, in English and Tamil. In case of any inconsistency between English and Tamil versions of the questions, the English version will prevail over the Tamil version. The candidates will be called upon for viva-voce test based on the marks secured in the written examination and the marks obtained in the Written Examination shall be taken into account for determining the order of merit for final selection of the candidates.
(b) Viva-voce. (for 25 marks) (minimum qualifying marks 8) The candidates for viva-voce will be shortlisted based on the marks secured in the Written Examination in the ratio of 1:5 or such other ratio as may be determined by the Selection Committee. Such shortlisting will be done based on the marks obtained in the written examination, fulfillment of eligibility criteria, experience and achievements of the candidates, as stated by them, with proof, in their applications.
i) The decision of the Selection Committee in this regard shall be final and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. The object of the viva-voce test is to assess the suitability of the candidate, for judging their mental alertness, general knowledge, clear and logical exposition, attitude, ethics, power of assimilation, power of communication, character, intellectual depth, his/her tact and ability to handle various situations in the Court / Administrative / Management Skills.
(c) Hall Ticket for written examination / viva – voce will not be sent by post. The candidates should download the Hall Tickets only from the website https://www.mhc.tn.gov.in.
(d) The Government reserves the right either to postpone or cancel this notification at any point of time without assigning any reason.
(e) No TA / DA / Accommodation / Conveyance will be provided to the Candidates who are required to attend the Written Examination / Oral Test.
How to Apply:
The applications are liable to be summarily rejected, without any intimation, if found not conforming to the instructions given herein.
1. Last date for submission of on-line application is 29.12.2021.
2. Last date for remittance of fee through Bank is 31.12.2021.
Published on: 22 December 2021
For more details, please refer to official notification at Download Official Notification
Madras High Court Recruitment for following posts:
List of active jobs at Madras High Court. The other Related Jobs Madras High Court Recruitment Notification
List of old jobs.
|Job Title / Posts||Last Date|
| Office Assistant - ( 27 Posts) Posts
|Last Date: 17 June 2022|
| President - ( 30 Posts) Posts
Thiru. P. Dhanabal Registrar General Madras High Court,
|Last Date: 29 December 2021|
| Member - ( 55 Posts) Posts
Thiru. P. Dhanabal Registrar General Madras High Court, Chennai
|Last Date: 29 December 2021|
| Judicial Member - ( 1 Posts) Posts
Judicial Recruitment Cell, High Court of Madras
|Last Date: 27 December 2021|
| Law Officer - ( 202 Posts) Posts
|Last Date: 29th July 2021|
About Madras High Court Recruitment
About Madras High Court
The Madras High Court is the high court of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The court is one of the three High Courts in India established in the three Presidency Towns of Bombay, Calcutta, and Madras by Letters patent granted by Her Majesty Queen Victoria, bearing date 26 June 1862. It exercises original jurisdiction over the city of Chennai and appellate jurisdiction over the entire state of Tamil Nadu and Union territory of Puducherry, as well as extraordinary original jurisdiction, civil and criminal, under the Letters Patent and special original jurisdiction for the issue of writs under the Constitution of India.
It consists of 74 judges and a chief justice who are in charge of the general policy adopted in the administration of justice. In September 2016, the center government forwarded names of 15 new judges to the President for his signature on their warrants of appointment. Of the 15, nine are from among lawyers and six from the subordinate judiciary.
Madras High Court recruitment offers great career opportunities for several posts such as Research Fellow, Research Assistant.
Interested candidates can pursue courses in Post Graduate in Law (under 10+2+3+3+2 or 10+2+5+2 pattern), Graduate in Law (under 10+2+3+3 or 10+2+5 pattern) for a great career at Madras High Court.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many vacancies are there?
There are 55 vacancies in total. Member: 55 Posts,
What is the Pay Scale for Member?
The Payscale is as follows Member: INR Not Disclosed,
When can I can apply for Member job at Madras High Court
You can go through the offical document provided, and follow the instructions to apply online. Always follow the dates mentioned in the official PDF.
Where will I be placed if selected?
The selected candidate will be placed in Thiru. P. Dhanabal Registrar General Madras High Court, Chennai
What is Madras High Court Member: 55 Posts, Application Last Date
The last date to apply for Madras High Court Member: 55 Posts, is 29th December, 2021
How can I apply for this job?
Complete information regarding this job is given on this page. Link to official document is also provided. The candidates are adivsed to go through it thorouly before Apply Online. If the job interests you and you are eligible for Member, then click on the apply online link given below. You can apply online. Remember the last date to apply for this job is 29th December, 2021
- Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth Invites Application for Teaching Associate Recruitment 2022
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology Invites Application for Junior Research Fellow Recruitment 2022
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College Invites Application for Lab Attendant Recruitment 2022
- National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management Invites Application for Manager, Business Executive Recruitment 2022
- National Institute of Pathology Invites Application for Consultant Recruitment 2022
- Thanjavur District Tamil Nadu Invites Application for Office Assistant Recruitment 2022
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur Invites Application for Project Associate Recruitment 2022
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay Invites Application for Senior Project Technical Assistant Recruitment 2022
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur Invites Application for Program Manager Recruitment 2022
- Central Salt & Marine Chemicals Research Institute Invites Application for Project Associate I, Senior Project Associate Recruitment 2022
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur Invites Application for Junior Research Fellow Recruitment 2022
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) Invites Application for Research Fellow, Project Associate Recruitment 2022