Eastern Railway Recruitment 2023 for 15 Group-C, Erstwhile Group-D
Vacancy Circular No: -
Eastern Railway (ER) Group-C, Erstwhile Group-D Recruitment 2023
Advertisement for the post of Group-C, Erstwhile Group-D in Eastern Railway (ER). Candidates are advised to read the details, and eligibility criteria mentioned below for this vacancy. Candidates must check their eligibility i.e. educational qualification, age limit, experience and etc. The eligible candidates can submit their application directly before 10th November 20233. Candidates can check the latest Eastern Railway (ER) Recruitment 2023 Group-C, Erstwhile Group-D Vacancy 2023 details and apply online at the er.indianrailways.gov.in/ recruitment 2023 page.
Eastern Railway (ER) Recruitment Notification & Recruitment application form is available @ er.indianrailways.gov.in/. Eastern Railway (ER) selection will be done on the basis of test/interview and shortlisted candidates will be appointed at West Bengal. More details of er.indianrailways.gov.in/ recruitment, new vacancy, upcoming notices, syllabus, answer key, merit list, selection list, admit card, result, upcoming notifications and etc. will be uploaded on official website .
Group-C, Erstwhile Group-D
56, C. R. Avenue, Kolkata, 700012 West Bengal
Number of Vacancy: 15 Posts
1. Passed 12th (+2 stage) or its equivalent Examination with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate, from govt. recognized Education Board/council/Institution etc. 50% marks is not to be insisted upon in case of SC, ST, ESM and PWD candidates and candidates having higher qualification from UGC recognized University. OR 10th pass from recognized Board Plus Act Apprenticeship/ITI approved by NCVT (Diploma in Engineering is not considered as an alternative higher qualification).
2. Scouting/Guiding Qualification as per Para 5.0.
1. 10th pass from government recognized Board OR 10th pass from government recognized Board + ITI/Act Apprenticeship approved by NCVT.
2. Scouting/Guiding Qualification as per Para 5.0.
5200-20200/- Per Month
Age Limit: Maximum 33 Years
Selection Procedure: please refer to official notification.
i. For all candidates except those mentioned in sub-para (9.ii) below - Rs. 500/- (Rupees five Hundred only) with a provision for refunding Rs. 400/ (Rupees four hundred) to those who actually appear in the written examination.
ii. For candidates belonging to SC, ST, Ex-servicemen, PWD, Women, Minorities and Economically Backward Classes, Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two hundred fifty) only with a provision for refunding the same to those who actually appear in the written examination. SC, ST, OBC, Economically Backward Classes and PWD, ESM Discharge certificates must be enclosed as per Annexure attached in the Notification
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates are required to go to the link provided for filling ONLINE application through website of RRC/ER (www.rrcer.com-kolkata) & website of Eastern Railway (www.er.indianrailways.gov.in) and fill up the personal details/BIO-DATA carefully. (This Job Source is Employment News 21-27 October 2023, Page No.26)
Published on: 20th October 2023
For more details, please refer to official notification at Download Official Notification
Eastern Railway Recruitment for following posts:
List of active jobs at Eastern Railway. The other Related Jobs Eastern Railway Recruitment Notification*
List of old jobs.
|Job Title / Posts||Last Date|
| Group-C, Erstwhile Group-D - ( 15 Posts) Posts
56, C. R. Avenue
|Last Date: 10th November 2023|
| Apprentices - ( 3115 Posts) Posts
|Last Date: 26 October 2023|
| Assistant Loco Pilot, Technician, Junior Engineer, Train Manager - ( 689 Posts) Posts
Fairlie Place, Kolkata
|Last Date: 30th August 2023|
About Eastern Railway Recruitment
About Eastern Railway
The Eastern Railway (abbreviated ER) is among the 18 zones of the Indian Railways. Its headquarters is at Fairley Place, Kolkata and comprises four divisions: Howrah, Malda, Sealdah, and Asansol. Each division is headed by a Divisional Railway Manager (DRM). The name of the division denotes the name of the city where the divisional headquarters is located. Eastern Railway Consists Most no. of A1 and A Category Stations like Howrah, Malda Town, Sealdah, Asansol, Durgapur, Barddhaman, Bhagalpur, Jasidih, Bandel, Dankuni etc. Eastern Railways operates the oldest trains of India, Kalka Mail. 3 Popular Zones ECR, SER (again from SER-ECOR and SECR carved out in 2020) NFR were part Indian railways.
Eastern Railway started operations on 14th April 1952. Its headquarters is located in Kolkata. The Eastern Railway (ER) is one of the 17 zones of the Indian Railways. Eastern Railway has three major workshops: Jamalpur, Liluah, and Kanchrapara. The Jamalpur Workshop is for wagon repair, periodic overhaul (POH) of diesel locomotives, manufacturing of cranes and tower-wagons; the Liluah workshop is for POH of coaching & freight vehicles and the Kanchrapara workshop is for POH of electric locomotives, EMU Locals and coaches. Eastern Railway recruitment offers great career opportunities for several posts such as Scouts and Guides Quota, Sports Quota (Various Discipline), Senior Resident, Points man (operating system), Trackman (Engineering Department), Helper (Engineering, Electrical Mechanical, S&T Department), Helper (Workshops Depart), Safaiwala (Medical/Commercial Department), Doctors. Interested candidates can pursue courses in Matriculation or Passed out Act Apprenticeship/ITI, (10th Class) /Intermediate/ ITI / Graduation, MD/MS/DNB in the concerned specialty; PG Degree/Diploma in related Discipline, MBBS, MS; for a great career at Eastern Railway.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many vacancies are there?
There are 15 vacancies in total. Group-C, Erstwhile Group-D: 15 Posts,
What is the Pay Scale for Group-C, Erstwhile Group-D?
The Payscale is as follows Group-C, Erstwhile Group-D: INR5200-20200,
When can I can apply for Group-C, Erstwhile Group-D job at Eastern Railway
You can go through the offical document provided, and follow the instructions to apply online. Always follow the dates mentioned in the official PDF.
Where will I be placed if selected?
The selected candidate will be placed in 56, C. R. Avenue
What is Eastern Railway Group-C, Erstwhile Group-D: 15 Posts, Application Last Date
The last date to apply for Eastern Railway Group-C, Erstwhile Group-D: 15 Posts, is 10th November, 2023
How can I apply for this job?
Complete information regarding this job is given on this page. Link to official document is also provided. The candidates are adivsed to go through it thorouly before Apply Online. If the job interests you and you are eligible for Group-C, Erstwhile Group-D, then click on the apply online link given below. You can apply online. Remember the last date to apply for this job is 10th November, 2023
- Indian Navy Civilian Entrance Test (INCET-01/2023) - Apply Online for 910 Posts
- Directorate of Medical Education Andhra Pradesh Invites Application for 144 Assistant Professor Recruitment 2023
- Sri Venkateswara Medical College Tirupati Invites Application for 82 Senior Resident Recruitment 2023
- DPS DAE Invites Application for 62 Junior Purchase Assistant / Junior Storekeeper Recruitment 2023
- Steel Authority Of India Limited (SAIL) Invites Application for 92 Management Trainee (MT) Recruitment 2023
- NTPC Limited Invites Application for 114 Mining Overman and Various Posts
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) Invites Application for 444 Assistant Section Officer (ASO)/ Section Officer (SO) Recruitment 2023
- Sports Authority of India (SAI) Invites Application for 22 Young Professional Recruitment 2023
- NHPC Limited Invites Application for 70 Apprenticeship Trainee Recruitment 2023
- IIIT Sri City Invites Application for 18 Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor Recruitment 2023
- Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) Invites Application for 81 Deputy Collector and Various Posts
- Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) Invites Application for 430 Group-B, Group-C Posts Recruitment 2023