UPSC Invites Application for Combined Geo-Scientist Examination, 2022
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
invites applications for recruitment of Combined Geo-Scientist Examination, 2022
Combined Geo-Scientist Examination, 2022
Shahjahan Road, New Delhi, 110069 Delhi
Number of Vacancy: 192 Posts
(i) For Geologist Group ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo- Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Geochemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or an educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956) i.e. recognized University.
(ii) For Geophysicist Group ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India and Scientist ‘B’ (Geophysics) Group ‘A’ in C.G.W.B. M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed universities under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956
(iii) For Chemist Group ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India and Scientist ‘B’ (Chemical) under C.G.W.B. M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University.
(iv) For Scientist ‘B’ (Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’ in C.G.W.B. Master’s degree in Geology or applied Geology or Marine Geology or Hydrogeology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
Age Limit: 21-32 Years
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only), alongwith the submission of On-line Application Form, either by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
1. The Combined Geo-Scientist Examination will consist of three successive stages (vide Appendix I Section-I below):-
Stage-I : Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) having two papers for selection of the candidates for the Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination. Marks secured in the Preliminary Examination will be counted for deciding the final merit;
Stage-II : Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination (Descriptive Type) having three papers for selection of candidates for the Personality Test (Stage-III). Marks secured in the Main Examination will be counted for deciding the final merit; and
Stage-III: Personality Test/Interview
How to Apply:
1. Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website https://upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
2. Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/her. This Photo ID Card will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for Examination/ Personality Test.
3. The facility of withdrawal of Application is available for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, instructions are mentioned in Appendix-II (B) of this Examination Notice.
4. Last date of submission of applications:
(I)The Online Applications can be filled up to 12th October, 2021 till 18.00 Hours.
(II)The online Applications can be withdrawn from 20.10.2021 to 26.10.2021 till 18.00 Hours
(a) Candidates are required to apply Online using the link https://www. upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
(b) The applicants are advised to submit only single application. However, if due to any unavoidable situation, he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants details, examination centre, photograph, Photo I.D., signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
(c) All candidates, whether already in Government Service, in Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Commission. Persons already in Government service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are, however, required to inform in writing their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination.
(d) Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the Examination, their application will be liable to be rejected/candidature will be liable to be canceled.
Published on: 23 September 2021
For more details, please refer to official notification at Download Official Notification
Union Public Service Commission Recruitment for following posts:
About Union Public Service Commission Recruitment
About Union Public Service Commission
The Union Public Service Commission, commonly abbreviated as UPSC, is India's premier central recruiting agency for central government public servants. It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for Group A and Group B posts under civil services cadre and defence services cadre of the union government.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is central agency in India authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination, Engineering Services Examination, Combined Defence Services Examination, National Defence Academy Examination, Naval Academy Examination and Combined Medical Services Examination. The first Public Service Commission came in to existence on 1st October 1926. Union Public Service Commission recruitment offers great career for several posts such as Library Attendant, Accounts Officer, Lineman, Motor Transport Supervisor, Protocol Assistant, Marketing Officer, Junior Research Officer, Assistant Professor. Interested candidates can pursue courses in Matriculation, Motor Mechanic Certificate, 12th standard passed, Master's Degree in Agriculture or Botany or Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Marketing or Economics or Commerce, Master's Degree in Mathematics/Statistics, Postgraduate Diploma in Personnel Management for a great career at Union Public Service Commission.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many vacancies are there?
There are 192 vacancies in total. Combined Geo-Scientist Examination, 2022: 192 Posts,
What is the Pay Scale for Combined Geo-Scientist Examination, 2022, Selection Procedure, How to Apply:?
The Payscale is as follows Combined Geo-Scientist Examination, 2022: INR Not Disclosed,
When can I can apply for Combined Geo-Scientist Examination, 2022, Selection Procedure, How to Apply: job at Union Public Service Commission
You can go through the offical document provided, and follow the instructions to apply online. Always follow the dates mentioned in the official PDF.
Where will I be placed if selected?
The selected candidate will be placed in Shahjahan Road, New Delhi
When is the Last Date for applying for this job ?
The last date to apply for this job is 12th October, 2021
How can I apply for this job?
Complete information regarding this job is given on this page. Link to official document is also provided. The candidates are adivsed to go through it thorouly before Apply Online. If the job interests you and you are eligible for Combined Geo-Scientist Examination, 2022, Selection Procedure, How to Apply:, then click on the apply online link given below. You can apply online. Remember the last date to apply for this job is 12th October, 2021
- IIM Jammu Invites Application for Web Designer, Junior Engineer, More Vacancies
- IIM Udaipur Invites Application for Teaching Assistant Recruitment 2021
- AIIMS Nagpur Invites Application for 10 Senior Resident Recruitment 2021
- AIIMS Raipur Invites Application for Lab Technician cum Data Entry Operator Recruitment 2021
- Regional Medical Research Centre Port Blair Invites Application for Scientist-C Recruitment 2021
- IIPS Mumbai Invites Application for Project Officer Recruitment 2021
- National Book Trust (NBT) Invites Application for Marketing Executive Recruitment 2021
- SPPU Invites Application for Junior Research Fellow Recruitment 2021
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIM Kozhikode) Invites Application for Principal Career Counsellor Recruitment 2021
- Gujarat Biotechnology Research Center (GBRC) Invites Application for Scientist-D and Joint Director Recruitment 2021
- SFRI Jabalpur Invites Application for Junior Research Fellow Recruitment 2021
- AIIMS Raipur Invites Application for IT Technician Recruitment 2021